Whoopi Hitler was a Christian - Christains are scary

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Was Whoopi Goldberg Right that Hitler Was a Christian?: A Historical Analysis

Whatever one thinks about the controversy over Syrian refugees and ISIS, Whoopi Goldberg’s recent comments on national television trying to convince us that Christian refugees are just as scary as Muslims disseminates an idea that circulates widely on the internet, i.e., that Hitler was a Christian. She stated, “There have been a lot of horrifying—there have been a lot of monster Christians. Hitler was a Christian.” When her interlocutors balked at this, she then defended her position by saying, “He didn’t like the Catholics, remember? So he thought of himself as a Christian person.” Goldberg apparently doesn’t understand that Catholicism is a branch of Christianity, or that Hitler—despite his opposition to Catholicism—was officially a Catholic.

If Goldberg were the only one confused about Hitler’s relationship to Christianity, we could ignore it. However, she was expressing a view that circulates widely, especially in atheist circles. Leading atheist intellectuals, such as Richard Dawkins, have insisted that Hitler was a sincere Christian. Their evidence? He said so himself in some of his speeches in the 1920s. In one famous quote circulating on dozens of atheist websites, Hitler stated (on April 12, 1922), “My Christian feeling directs me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. . . . As a Christian I do not have the duty to allow the wool to be pulled over my eyes, but I have the duty to be a fighter for the truth and for what is right. . . . As a Christian I also have a duty toward my own people (Volk).”

Strangely, those trumpeting this quotation as proof that Hitler was indeed a Christian display the attitude: Hitler said it, I believe it, and that settles it. Never does it seem to cross their minds that Hitler might be—gasp—lying for political advantage. They are as convinced of Hitler’s veracity as the naïve British Prime Minister Chamberlain was when he arrived back from the Munich Conference waving a sheet of paper with Hitler’s signature on it and proclaiming: “It is peace for our time.” In short, they gullibly swallow Hitler’s propaganda (and they blithely ignore a plethora of Hitler’s anti-Christian remarks).

:doh:

Adolf was for Adolf .... if he could appear 'christian' and fool a few folks and get some more votes so be it, but at the end of the day it was all about him

Last edited:

Hijinx

Adolf was for Adolf .... if he could appear 'christian' and fool a few folks and get some more votes so be it, but at the end of the day it was all about him

HMMMMMM We have our own leader who claims to be Christian.
Whoopi voted for him.

Midnightrider

God damn you people are stupid. Hitler was every bit as Christian as the 9/11 terrorists were Muslim

This_person

God damn you people are stupid. Hitler was every bit as Christian as the 9/11 terrorists were Muslim

This is true: 0=0.

A huge difference is that the 9/11 terrorists claimed their Muslim faith as reason for their atrocities and Hitler was trying to create a master race, not a master religion. However, virtually no Christian would recognize Hitler's actions as Christian actions just like the vast majority of Muslims deny the terrorists' actions as representing their understanding of Islam.

Hijinx

well for some odd reason 'The View' still has enough viewers to stay on the air

For some reason the women who watch the View feel that listening to the responses of a comedienne-actress who admits to 7 abortions and screwed the socks off Ted Danson ( and at lot of others apparently.)are somehow enlightening to their own existence.

Ted Danson must have a strong stomach or a heavy duty paper bag.

Salvador

One Nation Under God
For some reason the women who watch the View feel that listening to the responses of a comedienne-actress who admits to 7 abortions and screwed the socks off Ted Danson ( and at lot of others apparently.)are somehow enlightening to their own existence.

Ted Danson must have a strong stomach or a heavy duty paper bag.

Damn your weird!

:popcorn:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Damn your weird!

:popcorn:

Do you have access to spell check?

Also, do you have anything to add to the topic of this thread?

Whoopi is a loose cannon. She doesn't know what she believes. She has become an obscure talk show host trying to hang on as long as she can.

Last edited:

Hijinx

If I changed it four times, why didn't you respond until now? Who is the crazy one, really? :killingme:

I learn something in here every day.

I never knew there was a way to keep track of how many times someone edits their posts.
That Sal must be a forum genius.

Funny I have read a lot of his posts and that never occurred to me. That he was a genius I mean.
Mostly he just trolls.