Who's been on the course this year?

thurley42

HY;FR
I've cancelled 2 tee times, does that count?

Been to the range 4 times......have that, "spring form" where my body is rested and I'm hitting em long n straight...that will go away as soon as I tee off the first time.

Playing Renditions on Friday afternoon, looking forward to it.:buddies:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Playing Renditions on Friday afternoon, looking forward to it.:buddies:

I have to get back on that course, played it when it had only been open a few months. Would love to see it now that its grown in over the years.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I have to get back on that course, played it when it had only been open a few months. Would love to see it now that its grown in over the years.

I'll have to wrangle myself an invite. Hell, I'll even let you beat me.:killingme

thurley42

HY;FR

Oh yeah you have to get out there...it's improved at least ten fold since it first opened...the fairways and greens are wonderful.....I'll alternate between there, South River, Swan Ponit, and Lake Presidential during the season around 2 when twillight rates start. I'm not a big morning golfer....

donmagicyourmom

i played at cedar point last thursday, the greens were faster than i've seen in a long time. i hit a shot from ab 80 yards with my 60degree wedge, landing on the back of the green and spun it all the way off.

I normally play through the winter, but I took a 4 or 5 month break this year (it wasn't planned going in, but it worked out that way - I'm sure the snow had a little to do with it). I played for the first time Saturday morning. I thought I'd struggle mightily with some rust, but other than putting, I really didn't.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I normally play through the winter, but I took a 4 or 5 month break this year (it wasn't planned going in, but it worked out that way - I'm sure the snow had a little to do with it). I played for the first time Saturday morning. I thought I'd struggle mightily with some rust, but other than putting, I really didn't.

Why does that sound familiar? Unplanned hiatus from playing, lame excuse...

:lol:

Otter

Nothing to see here

IMO, first time out after a layoff is always good cuz you don't expect to shoot lights out, so you are more relaxed and typically play well. Its usually the 4 or 5th time out that starts the :burning:

Pete

Repete
IMO, first time out after a layoff is always good cuz you don't expect to shoot lights out, so you are more relaxed and typically play well. Its usually the 4 or 5th time out that starts the :burning:

I am going to kick your ass this year you rodent.

Why does that sound familiar? Unplanned hiatus from playing, lame excuse...

:lol:

Well, that's the thing - when the smack talk starts, and the competitive gene starts to take over the body and drown out any pretense of civilized dialogue, the excuses quickly realize that they are unwelcome and have no hope of garnering sympathy. Your stomach hurts? You didn't get any sleep last night? You left your favorite wedge at home? Your putter is bent? Your leg is what? Broke? So, the other one is fine, right?

Larry Gude

Strung Out

See, you're just another undedicated, uncommitted hack. I am fully capable of playing the same way round, round 4 or 5, all through end of season. With a little effort, just a little stick-to-itiveness, shooting in the 60's can be maintained. It's all in the routine. Break 70. Stop. Have a beer and a dog. Play the back...

Yeah, my ball striking is usually good after a brief layoff, but the pace on my putts, and sometimes my touch around the greens, is usually horrible.