Who's currently the best racer/racers in the world?

Petter Solberg

Opinions please?

I believe Valentino Rossi of MotoGP and Michael Schumacher of Formula 1 are currently the best racers in the world.
I am also a fan and have the highest regard for the drivers of the World Rally Championship. These guys/gals get things done in the snow, dirt, gravel, and the tarmac. We can't leave out Motocross. These guys have unbelievable stamina and pilot a two wheel machine through a rough sophisticated track.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Well, me being a NASCAR fan you know what I am going to say....NEXTEL CUP....I have my favorites but that is not revelent....For those guys to drive flat out for 4 - 5 hours with total concentration, running side by side at speeds sometimes over 200 MPH says something.....They drive on short tracks, superspeedways, intermediate tracks, and road courses....The competition is some of the stiffest in the world....I know formula 1 and the IRL and all forms of motor racing involves concentration but these guys do it for 36 weeks out of the year....They really don't get too many breaks in their schedules....As far as the best driver goes....Well I am a Jeff Gordon fan and he is currently the top driver in NASCAR as far as stastics go.....He has more wins and championships and probably won more money than any other active driver....I am in no way bragging because that could change very quickly and it sure would come back to haunt me...LOL....I really like and respect all of the Nextel Cup drivers....I just like some more than others....JMHO

Petter Solberg

I agree, Jeff Gordon is the best driver in NASCAR and one of the great drivers in the world, however his income does not compare to Michael Schumachers at 62 million a year to drive for Ferrari. Michael is the highest paid sports star in the world, and one of the highest paid entertainers as indicated by Forbes. His name is very well known throughout the rest of the world.
I was very impressed with Jeff Gordons ability when he drove the Williams BMW at Indy for a few laps. I would love to see him race sports cars or F1.
Rob

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Petter Solberg said:
Opinions please?

I believe Valentino Rossi of MotoGP and Michael Schumacher of Formula 1 are currently the best racers in the world.
In my quarter-century in Southern Maryland, I've met only one car racing fan who liked Formula 1, and he wasn't from the area. I think there's a sign on 301 at the Charles County line reading: "Welcome to Southern Maryland--we like NASCAR here."

Petter Solberg

I grew up in East Central Illinois attending the Indy 500 every year and watching the Outlaw Sprint Cars at the local dirt track. I moved to the west coast when I joined the Navy and was exposed to motorcycle racing, the Long Beach Grand Prix, and the SanDiego Grand Prix which started my fascination of Moto GP, Sports Car Racing, and open wheel street racing. It is awesome to see a -1500 pound race car pumping out over 900hp go through the twisties.
Rob

Tonio said:
In my quarter-century in Southern Maryland, I've met only one car racing fan who liked Formula 1, and he wasn't from the area. I think there's a sign on 301 at the Charles County line reading: "Welcome to Southern Maryland--we like NASCAR here."

HORUS

Better than YOU.
pixiegirl said:
I was talkin' out getin it done and over with. :lmao:

:confused: I'm not so sure we're talking about the same thing then. :confused:

I'm sure I can get it done(multiple times) but it wouldn't be over with as quick as your use to. :razz:

:angel:

Last edited: