whos going to the hunters pace at AMIT?

IntegritysDream

julis976 said:
ok like what is a hunters pace i never did one before thats y i want someone to ride with

its like a big trail ride, but you go in groups, and you pick a trail, and your timed i think, and you go and theres lots of ditches and jumps (depending on the trail you go on) like logs and all that kinda things, and you go slow or fast (depending on your group).. i was gunna go, but i dont think my horse is ready for that yet, hes gotta listen to me more before i go yee haw in the open hahahaha. they r lots of fun

julis976

oh ok i see im gonna do it but im gonna find someone to ride with still that is in my lesson group i guess i jump 2' but i have jump the stone wall before that was fun

devinej

i heard that the AMIT hunter pace is more like hunter trials - like natural jumps that you do in a course out in a big field rather than like a trail ride.

they are usually judged on optimum time, different levels to ride in - no jumps walk/trot, small jumps (walk/trot/canter), and larger jumps (faster time)

ponyhunter02

devinej said:
i heard that the AMIT hunter pace is more like hunter trials - like natural jumps that you do in a course out in a big field rather than like a trail ride.

they are usually judged on optimum time, different levels to ride in - no jumps walk/trot, small jumps (walk/trot/canter), and larger jumps (faster time)

correct.
its basicaly that.

2baymares

AMIT's Hunter Pace is very nice. He has the jumps marked for the division you enter. 2', 2'6", 3', and flat division. Like previously stated you get with a group jumping same height and going same speed otherwise you gona have an unhappy team. My crew usually go in the flat division (to be fare) because not all of us jump. You can still jump if you want. But we do HAUL AZZ and we usually get a first or second in our division. It is based on optimal time and the trails are mild and you can easily go around the jumps if you wish.