Who's off work today?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Columbus Day used to be my favorite holiday because I got the day off work but the kids still had to go to school. :cartwheel

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'm off, but only because I had a doctor appointment this morning and I'm part time now.

Work.

Work.

I seem to remember that word.... it's been so long, I don't remember it or it's context..... work...... what a strange sounding word now.

PeoplesElbow

Well I didnt have to go to my job today, but I sure had to work.

I love Columbus day too, the weather is always perfect for a day off.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Columbus Day used to be my favorite holiday because I got the day off work but the kids still had to go to school. :cartwheel
Now the kids are off but teachers have to go in, they hold parent teacher conferences.

Used to be my favorite holiday, too!

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Being a re-tahred CSRS person, holidays only PO me now for the last 10 years, because I don't get paid to take them off anymore!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I had the day off but it wasn't a good morning for me. Took cat to the vet to get a blood test so I could get his prescription refilled. Couple was there putting their dog to sleep. Tried to pay and leave before they carried the dog out afterwards. No such luck. Then I start to leave and see I'm parked next to the couple who just put their dog to sleep and are now sobbing. Drove home with eyes welled up.

Get home and see husband and friend standing outside. They announce that we are getting a new porch and before I could say anything, the friend starts ripping out bushes in front of our porch. He is also taking down all of the Halloween decorations that I spent two hours putting up a couple weeks ago. So... I will be living in a construction zone for a while because this guy works soooo slow!! I have no Halloween decor outside anymore. House looks bare.