Whose going to Flat Iron?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
:popcorn:

:larry:

I'm looking for some stuff, so i'm bringing the BIG checkbook :lol:
Gawd help me......

I went to Just Another Saddlrey and Tack yesterday (LOTS of really nice saddle to choose fron) and

Canterlope (BEAUTIFUL place!! so airy and welcoming!) Great stuff too!! She sells a good deal of show stuff, which we don't do, but NICE stuff!

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
happyappygirl said:
:popcorn:

:larry:

I'm looking for some stuff, so i'm bringing the BIG checkbook :lol:
Gawd help me......

I went to Just Another Saddlrey and Tack yesterday (LOTS of really nice saddle to choose fron) and

Canterlope (BEAUTIFUL place!! so airy and welcoming!) Great stuff too!! She sells a good deal of show stuff, which we don't do, but NICE stuff!

I went, wasn't much there - - only three vendors. The owners were great and we bought a few books and saddle covers.

Katt

Rumor has it... there is Equine Influenza at Flat Iron Farm. I was going to go, but heard that from a friend and decided not to get near it. Don't quote me on that, but it's what I heard this morning. I ended up going to tour the Point Lookout Lighthouse. Very Cool!

Katt

Where's Canterlope? We do show stuff. IT would be nice to know where I can get stuff other than online.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Katt said:
Where's Canterlope? We do show stuff. IT would be nice to know where I can get stuff other than online.

CanterLope is next to Bear Creek BBQ in Callaway. When you enter parking lot go behind the big building and she on the back right hand side. She has flages out there you can spot them. Nice shop Hasn't gotten all her stuff yet. But has a good start. She closes at 1pm on Saturday I think. Here's her e mail. info@canter-lope.com She is going to start sending out mass emails to customers who sign up. :howdy:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
This is JMHO ONLY of course....
With that said...
Canter Lope and Just Another saddlery and Tack (Prince Frederick) have much better quality tack than Flat Iron.

Just Another Saddlery has an AWESOME selection of super trail and Endurance saddles, (Tucker, Circle Y flex tree, that sort of stuff) the ones you see online and are afraid to buy before you try cause they're expensive... the prices are similar to the onlin ones (with shipping factored in), and you can touch and feel them!! I was IMPRESSED. I'm gonna do a little more homework to decide which i want, and prolly get one from them rather than have one shipped.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
:dead:
I didn't lay eyes on a horse, 'cept the ones in the fields as you came in....
I believe Remax boards there? I saw her there yesterday anyways.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Katt said:
Rumor has it... there is Equine Influenza at Flat Iron Farm. I was going to go, but heard that from a friend and decided not to get near it. Don't quote me on that, but it's what I heard this morning. I ended up going to tour the Point Lookout Lighthouse. Very Cool!

Rumors suck and spreading them is worse. :frown:
If it is twisted info of a cough or something...and not true...wont you feel like ####.

fredsaid2

JaST has a nice selection of the Ariat line; jackets, breeches, shirts and boots. The Flat Iron shop advertised Tailored Sportsman. Unless you E-Bay you won't find much difference in price for those regardless of where you shop. I agree, it's nice to see before you buy. When Robin was at Hickory Hollow she could order just about anything, I'm sure she can do the same now with her own shop.

R

remaxrealtor

persimmoncf said:
Rumors suck and spreading them is worse. :frown:
If it is twisted info of a cough or something...and not true...wont you feel like ####.
Isn't that the truth.....As I have posted before, the girls at Flat Iron do an excellent job. They don't just feed and turn out, they really care about each and every animal there. I'm VERY picky about my baby, and I wouldn't have him anywhere else. People who "just pass along what they heard" on here don't think of the fact that they're messing with someone's life and work.

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
remaxrealtor said:
Isn't that the truth.....As I have posted before, the girls at Flat Iron do an excellent job. They don't just feed and turn out, they really care about each and every animal there. I'm VERY picky about my baby, and I wouldn't have him anywhere else. People who "just pass along what they heard" on here don't think of the fact that they're messing with someone's life and work.

So, am I to assume that this was just a rumor? Any truth to it? All of us DO need to know if there is any truth; it's a safety issue. Sure do hope that it was just a rumor. . . Thought you could lay this one to rest since you board there.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for them either way. :flowers:

R

remaxrealtor

Busterduck said:
So, am I to assume that this was just a rumor? Any truth to it? All of us DO need to know if there is any truth; it's a safety issue. Sure do hope that it was just a rumor. . . Thought you could lay this one to rest since you board there.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for them either way. :flowers:

We had a new horse come in from an auction with a cough. They quarantined her as necessary and all is fine. They actually went FAR above what they needed to do to make sure there weren't problems. I was there all weekend and was pleased to see that extra care was taken.

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
remaxrealtor said:
We had a new horse come in from an auction with a cough. They quarantined her as necessary and all is fine. They actually went FAR above what they needed to do to make sure there weren't problems. I was there all weekend and was pleased to see that extra care was taken.

That's wonderful. I am so glad everything is okay.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
05-08-2006 07:14 AM And you suck just as much, so shut up!
The above crap was just sent to me.

I heard from a friends friend that you are a very caring person, Oh BUT DON'T QUOTE ME ON THAT! :killingme

Last edited:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Busterduck said:

Yes this is the statement that was sent to my karma section - how silly.

I was stating in my previous post that rumors are just that, and if you feel that you can not be "quoted" on your harmful statement then you do not go live on the internet to all of SOMD interested horse people. I too have the care and custody of many peoples horses in SOMD and feel that statement could be very damaging to Flat Iron if not true.
If this info was based on a diagnosis then, YES, by all means spread the word so as to protect your horse and the communitees horses.

As educated horse owners we should all be aware the a cough is a sign of an infectious upper resp disease. But could also be an age, diet, beathing heeves disorder also. I hope that all boarding barns practice an seperation/isolation period when an uknown/new horse arrives at their facility. I know we do.

R

remaxrealtor

persimmoncf said:
Yes this is the statement that was sent to my karma section - how silly.

I was stating in my previous post that rumors are just that, and if you feel that you can not be "quoted" on your harmful statement then you do not go live on the internet to all of SOMD interested horse people. I too have the care and custody of many peoples horses in SOMD and feel that statement could be very damaging to Flat Iron if not true.
If this info was based on a diagnosis then, YES, by all means spread the word so as to protect your horse and the communitees horses.

As educated horse owners we should all be aware the a cough is a sign of an infectious upper resp disease. But could also be an age, diet, beathing heeves disorder also. I hope that all boarding barns practice an seperation/isolation period when an uknown/new horse arrives at their facility. I know we do.

I think it is admirable that you would take the time to post this. It's great for the horse community to share information, I know I have benefited from many tips and pointers I have read here. Rumors are, pardon the pun, "a horse of a different color", and there's no place for them in a responsible forum.