Why are people paying 1k+ for puppies?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Our rescue girl found us. She was and still is the most gentle dog ever and when she walked up to my then 4 year old who was petrified of dogs, and calmly sat for him, we were sold

Dakota

~~~~~~~
My wacky niece, who makes more than I do at 23, bought some designer dog that is now as big as a horse. On top of whatever she paid for it, she paid $2000 to fly him across country in the cabin in a seat. 😿

That is actually pretty funny.

I have a BUGG (Boston and a Pug mix) that my son paid $350 for.... 5 years later, I cannot find one under $1,000. They have become THAT popular.
I adore that girl. She is a fun dog.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I have a MinPin (male) that came from a Shelter ($250 fee) and a Boston Terrier (female) that we took in from a friend of ours that had too many animals and not enough space. The MinPin was really bonded with my fiance, but since he passed away the Min has really gotten a lot closer to me.

I think of their personalities of being like Archie and Edith. He's grumpy and she is ditsy and carefree.

Attachments

• cuties.jpg
    cuties.jpg
    492 KB · Views: 263

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
The seller spent your money well.
The best part is, most likely you're not done shelling out cash over your poor choice of dog you purchased.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

I purchased a White Rhino Bully. If you do some research you will see that I made a pretty good investment getting this dog for 9k. I am going to start breeding her soon and will make a fortune. I should be able to make about 7-15k per puppy when I start selling them.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member

Another update. I've been advised that she is deathly allergic to cats/dogs, but for some reason this Bernadoodle is hypoallergenic.

littlelady

God bless the USA
View attachment 137754

Another update. I've been advised that she is deathly allergic to cats/dogs, but for some reason this Bernadoodle is hypoallergenic.

Most doodles (many varieties) are hypoallergenic because they are bred with poodles which have, always, been known to be hypoallergenic. That is why a guy in Australia bred a lab and a poodle because of his friends allergies to dogs. I/we have rescued all our lives, but got doodles (me and dot) because she grew up so allergic to dogs, but wouldn’t give them up. She suffered so. Our labradoodles, Toby and Daisy, have never caused her an attack in the 4 years we have had them. They were 1200 each, and well worth every penny. Those sweet poopies are my avatar. Love them!

Last edited: