Why are police in TN so corrupt? Something in the water?

TCROW

Hardaway is now talking about a proposed bill that would make it a felony offense for an officer to turn off or disable a recording device with the intent to obstruct justice.
This comes after two Memphis Police officers were suspended last week for turning off their body cams after the chase and shooting of Martavious Banks in September.
"We feel that any disciplinary action that may arise from violation of that policy is warranted. We don't feel the behavior should be criminalized. We certainly don't feel it should raise to the level of being a felony."

They should be fired and lose their pension.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Corruption? In Memphis?? Say it isn't so!

:faint:

It's also a crime ridden filthy crap hole and you'll never in a million years guess what party their Mayor is. :yawn:

Reactions: BOP

GregV814

um, Crowperson....you do know that pensions, like police and firefighters have are monies they have deducted from their paychecks and deposited (paid) into a fund for retirement like a bank account don't you? So are you implying that if you have ever been convicted of a crime, you lose you bank account??? Is that what you are saying??

TCROW

um, Crowperson....you do know that pensions, like police and firefighters have are monies they have deducted from their paychecks and deposited (paid) into a fund for retirement like a bank account don't you? So are you implying that if you have ever been convicted of a crime, you lose you bank account??? Is that what you are saying??

When you’re in a position to be able to take away a citizen’s freedom you’re goddamned right.

Don’t want to lose a pension? Don’t illegally fuxor with anyone’s freedom.

Can’t abide those terms? Sell real estate or become a high school physical education teacher.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I understand tcrow's position. If a person is granted police powers, (becoming an agent of the government), and abuses those powers, either under color of law, or by tampering with evidence, planting false evidence, giving false testimony, which causes the unnecessary incarceration or death of a person, or, in cases where the on person camera recording devise is stopped to hide an illegal act resulting in injury or death, or incarceration, then yes, part of the punishment is the total loss of their pension. A pension is not a bank account anyway. A majority of which, the money is provided by the government, (taxpaying citizens), paying them. And after being punished criminally, an injured individual, or the decedents family thereof, should file a civil suit with a dollar amount so high as to go after any remaining monies or assets to leave him/her a pauper for the remaining portion of their life. It's the only way to stop these thugs with their shiny badges and war like costumes from being the judge, jury, and executioner. Or, have many forgotten about due process and what it means?

GregV814

Hey ahhh, LR...If I may..

I am quite familiar with that I am speaking of... my plan is working quite well without your contributions...(ahem). But due process being just that , if a person is injured by negligence of an actor committing such an offense, outside the scope of their capacitys, the party may seek compensation from the "wrong doer" in a civil proceeding, not just arbitrarily grabbing the offenders bank account.

By the way, except for television and movies are you aware of any officers pension being seized for a bad act??? With all those smart lawyers and corrupt cops, it should have been done frequently, wouldn't you say?

TCROW

I am quite familiar with that I am speaking of... my plan is working quite well without your contributions...(ahem). But due process being just that , if a person is injured by negligence of an actor committing such an offense, outside the scope of their capacitys, the party may seek compensation from the "wrong doer" in a civil proceeding, not just arbitrarily grabbing the offenders bank account.

By the way, except for television and movies are you aware of any officers pension being seized for a bad act??? With all those smart lawyers and corrupt cops, it should have been done frequently, wouldn't you say?

Right, it doesn't happen, but it should.

For a long time I hoped that tax payers would get sick and tired of footing bills in terms of settlements for bad cop actions and that they we would put our foot down and demand these bad cops be run out. Well, that didn't and won't happen. But there is no reason whatsoever why a tax payer should be on the hook in a direct sense for these "settlements". Of course, these pensions are tax payer funded, but better to make a bad cop and his family feel the pain for bad behavior.

THEN and ONLY THEN will it stop.

Chris0nllyn

Peepaw95

Right, it doesn't happen, but it should.

For a long time I hoped that tax payers would get sick and tired of footing bills in terms of settlements for bad cop actions and that they we would put our foot down and demand these bad cops be run out. Well, that didn't and won't happen. But there is no reason whatsoever why a tax payer should be on the hook in a direct sense for these "settlements". Of course, these pensions are tax payer funded, but better to make a bad cop and his family feel the pain for bad behavior.

THEN and ONLY THEN will it stop.
So you want to leave a person and his family's well being for the rest of their lives to a jury. Like the jury that awarded an idiot a million dollars for spilling coffee in his own lap. But he bought the coffee at McDonalds, so it must be their fault. I would trust a cop long before I would trust a jury.

Chris0nllyn

So you want to leave a person and his family's well being for the rest of their lives to a jury. Like the jury that awarded an idiot a million dollars for spilling coffee in his own lap. But he bought the coffee at McDonalds, so it must be their fault. I would trust a cop long before I would trust a jury.

McDonalds heated their coffee to almost 200* and it was a woman who spilled it and got 3rd degree burns on her thighs (requiring skin grafts). She only asked for $20,000 to cover medical bills but after McDonalds offered her only $800, a jury arwarded her $3 million but a judge knocked it down to $640,000 (because the woman was partially at fault). In that case, McDonalds admitted they knew about the burn risk for over 10 years.

The jury helped the woman get adequate compensation for her injuries stemming from overly-hot coffee McDonalds knew about for over a decade. Not sure what a cop would have been able to do in that case.

TCROW

I’d rather LEOs not abuse their power.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
McDonalds heated their coffee to almost 200*

I make my coffee at 212* every single morning, according to my electronic kettle.

Whimpering about "almost 200*" is a media manipulation plant. Hot coffee is hot and if you spill it on yourself you will get burnt. Everyone knows that.

You are outraged because the media has told you to be outraged, not because this woman experienced anything out of the ordinary. It is within your power to think for yourself and not allow yourself to be manipulated.