Why aren't we talking about the Nats?

rmorse

Attachments

• C7F03E6D-8418-4DCF-B0D9-8C1AB3E6C8A4.jpeg
    C7F03E6D-8418-4DCF-B0D9-8C1AB3E6C8A4.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 117

Grumpy

Azzhole alert..

Gerrit Cole, a pending free agent, wasted no time distancing himself from the Houston Astros Wednesday night as the star pitcher donned a baseball cap bearing his agent's logo and telling reporters he was "not an employee of the team."

Gerrit Cole

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Congratulations to the Nats! :cheers: And to this "super fan"...

Washington Nationals 'super fan' who pledged 7 years ago to grow beard until team won World Series to shave at parade Saturday

WASHINGTON - To say William "BJ" Treuting is a Washington Nationals 'super fan' is an understatement.

Treuting, a long-time season-ticket holder and supporter of the team, has been growing out his beard for the last seven years, pledging only to cut it if his is favorite team won it all.

Hijinx

It's great, what is even better the town is still standing and wasn't burned down by idiots.

mitzi

You can dislike a prez. I don’t like Trump’s persona, but I am still a patriot, and so is Trump. What I said in this thread is it digusts me that politics were brought into America’s fave sport; especially by the owners of the Nats, by not sitting with Trump. As, kom says, it is just a ****ing game. Yes, it is.

I agree that politics have to be in everything now and ruins it. I just try and ignore it. You said Lerner wasn't a patriot, but we don't know if that's true or not. It's unfair to jump to that because he declined sitting with Trump.

mitzi

Well you certainly can dislike a President and still be a Patriot.
But when you make up false Russian BS and then false Ukranian BS, spend Millions of wasted dollars on phony investigations and then don't believe it when the investigation turns up nothing, and don't do anything for 2 years except try to remove him from an office he was legally elected to you are no longer a Patriot.. You are a treasonous POS.

That has nothing to do with Lerner.

Hijinx

That has nothing to do with Lerner.

You mean Lois Lerner the head of the IRS that Obama was using against his enemies and the Conservatives?
That Lerner? Certainly she was part and parcel of the outlaw regime Obama was running.

mitzi

You mean Lois Lerner the head of the IRS that Obama was using against his enemies and the Conservatives?
That Lerner? Certainly she was part and parcel of the outlaw regime Obama was running.

Good God NO, not Lois Lerner. Ted Lerner, the owner of the Nationals. Why would I mention the head of the IRS when discussing patriotism and a baseball team :killingme?

WingsOfGold

Azzhole alert..

Gerrit Cole, a pending free agent, wasted no time distancing himself from the Houston Astros Wednesday night as the star pitcher donned a baseball cap bearing his agent's logo and telling reporters he was "not an employee of the team."

Gerrit Cole
Prime reason I don't much GAF about professional sports. When I lived on the Shore I frequented Shorebirds games. They were HUNGRY and played ball the way it should be played, hard and in the dirt.