Why can't We be friends????

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
I have been hunting the public land behind my house (Patuxent River State Park) for several years now.

I am confused........We had a ride scheduled at Patuxent River Park on Sunday, November 11th. A couple of days before our ride we were informed that the 11th was one of the designated Sunday hunting day's. I went to the Park Rangers station to ask him and to see if we needed to reshedule and he said that hunting has been prohibited in P.R.P. for at least a couple of years. And that the reason was because the area is no longer as remote as it had been in the past. But if you have been hunting there for a long time maybe you are not aware of this, so you may want to check with the Park Ranger.

Robin

I am confused........We had a ride scheduled at Patuxent River Park on Sunday, November 11th. A couple of days before our ride we were informed that the 11th was one of the designated Sunday hunting day's. I went to the Park Rangers station to ask him and to see if we needed to reshedule and he said that hunting has been prohibited in P.R.P. for at least a couple of years. And that the reason was because the area is no longer as remote as it had been in the past. But if you have been hunting there for a long time maybe you are not aware of this, so you may want to check with the Park Ranger.

The park around the lake is not what they are talking about...The is joined hunting grounds north of the park and east accross Indian Bridge Road, however they all tie into each other.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Our neighbor has plopped his portable deer blind right onto our property smack in the middle of our trail.... guess he thought the markers our surveyor put out to highlight the path he cut to survey WERE the property markers-NOT... RC gladly crumpled up his deer blind and put it right back where it belonged.

Problem is....he still hunts right along the very edge of the property where we RIDE every day. My little one often rides our own trails cruising along like she owns the place because she DOES.

What happens if/when he wings a deer and it runs onto our side of the line? Then what? or he happens shoot while she's coming around the bend??? :burning:

He has 3 other property borders he can hunt where we don't go anywhere near, one of which also leads up to more of our trails, which we have abandonded during hunting season and are over a knoll so we leave it completely undisturbed...why does he choose OUR border, close to the house and horses?? Where my KID and I enjoy our riding and have done for THREE YEARS?? D@MN skippy we wear bells and sing whilst we ride. :burning: We'll continue to do so too.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Our neighbor has plopped his portable deer blind right onto our property smack in the middle of our trail.... guess he thought the markers our surveyor put out to highlight the path he cut to survey WERE the property markers-NOT... RC gladly crumpled up his deer blind and put it right back where it belonged.

Problem is....he still hunts right along the very edge of the property where we RIDE every day. My little one often rides our own trails cruising along like she owns the place because she DOES.

What happens if/when he wings a deer and it runs onto our side of the line? Then what? or he happens shoot while she's coming around the bend??? :burning:

He has 3 other property borders he can hunt where we don't go anywhere near, one of which also leads up to more of our trails, which we have abandonded during hunting season and are over a knoll so we leave it completely undisturbed...why does he choose OUR border, close to the house and horses?? Where my KID and I enjoy our riding and have done for THREE YEARS?? D@MN skippy we wear bells and sing whilst we ride. :burning: We'll continue to do so too.

Ohh you fiesty one! you:lmao:!! Ride on!!:buddies:

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!

Then he has the obligation to, dis-arm, (unload his gun, or make sure all arrows are in the quiver) contact you for permission to track, and then recover the deer. He will need to track his deer, and if it dies on your property will you let him recover it? If you daughter / horse is coming around the corner...that deer is going to take off. You want to be safe and live in harmony, then respect his right to hunt, and you wear an international orange hat or vest. Believe me...I can see those things over 100 yards away in thick woods, and much much further in more open areas. If you are anti-hunting ... then all of this is a waste of time. But I can tell you, as someone owning property surrounded by state hunting area, that the licensed hunters have been VERY respectful and aware of safety, as well as concerned about making good shots. People can hunt on my property line, and I am ok with that, most even stop by the house as a courtesy (they certainly don't have to) and let us know. Its the idiots that aren't licensed and out of season that scare the crap out of me. Good luck, and to each their own with the hunting issue. Just be careful not to cross the line with hunter harrassment, that can get you into trouble. It really is easy to have horses and hunters co-exist when everyone is on the same page.:buddies:

yankee44

For one you can only hunt on Sundays on private land.

About 10 years ago when I was hunting on my fathers land in New York some a$$ comes rideing rite by my tree stand, they did not have permission to be there, so when the rode up to me (without even knowing I was there) I fired a shot. You should have seen that horse freak out.:evil:

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
For one you can only hunt on Sundays on private land.

About 10 years ago when I was hunting on my fathers land in New York some a$$ comes rideing rite by my tree stand, they did not have permission to be there, so when the rode up to me (without even knowing I was there) I fired a shot. You should have seen that horse freak out.:evil:

Oh I'm sorry....sounds like you were hunting in a tree stand, in camo...with a gun...and no orange for them to see???:confused: Hmm...sounds like you were the a$$ for firing a shot, and had you had the required orange on the person probably would have found another route. But you are a Giants fan...:evil:

Last edited:

yankee44

Oh I'm sorry....sounds like you were hunting in a tree stand, in camo...with a gun...and no orange for them to see???:confused: Hmm...sounds like you were the a$$ for firing a shot, and had you had orange the person probably would have found another route. But you are a Giants fan...:evil:

You see in New York at the time you did not have to have orange if hunting your own property.

AND THEY WERE TRESPASSING

We (and by this I mean ours and about 10 other farms) had a big problem with about 10 different horse riders trespassing and leaving gates open and letting cows out. So it was a pretty big fued.

yankee44

You see in New York at the time you did not have to have orange if hunting your own property.

AND THEY WERE TRESPASSING

We (and by this I mean ours and about 10 other farms) had a big problem with about 10 different horse riders trespassing and leaving gates open and letting cows out. So it was a pretty big fued.

Oh and I am talking about dairy farms witch we were the smallest and still milked about 50 head.

Try getting them all back in the fence.

yankee44

You still intentionally fired a shot to freak out the horse,,,what would you have done if the rider was injured??:popcorn:

Called the cops because we finaly would have had evidence that they were on our property.

Since that is what what we were told by the police we needed to press charges.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Called the cops because we finaly would have had evidence that they were on our property.

It's pretty easy to get evidence of someone on your property. Example...pictures.

SouthernMdRocks

Well I can understand your not wanting peeps on your property without permission but I don't understand why you would try to hurt them. JMO

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Then he has the obligation to, dis-arm, (unload his gun, or make sure all arrows are in the quiver) contact you for permission to track, and then recover the deer. He will need to track his deer, and if it dies on your property will you let him recover it? If you daughter / horse is coming around the corner...that deer is going to take off. You want to be safe and live in harmony, then respect his right to hunt, and you wear an international orange hat or vest. Believe me...I can see those things over 100 yards away in thick woods, and much much further in more open areas. If you are anti-hunting ... then all of this is a waste of time. But I can tell you, as someone owning property surrounded by state hunting area, that the licensed hunters have been VERY respectful and aware of safety, as well as concerned about making good shots. People can hunt on my property line, and I am ok with that, most even stop by the house as a courtesy (they certainly don't have to) and let us know. Its the idiots that aren't licensed and out of season that scare the crap out of me. Good luck, and to each their own with the hunting issue. Just be careful not to cross the line with hunter harrassment, that can get you into trouble. It really is easy to have horses and hunters co-exist when everyone is on the same page.:buddies:
oh i respect his right to hunt. but he has his 15 acres, 3/4 of which do NOT border my 26 acres of property. Yet he choses to use the area closest to MY inhabited and well used HORSE property. I've already given up riding on the area of MY property that is the most remote, and over a huge hill that borders his, BECAUSE he's put another permanent stand right on the property line there too. I will NOT give this area up. Forget it.

And NOPE he can't come onto my property to retrieve it. Tough luck. He'd better only shoot it if it's heading towards HIS house and not towards my barn. We have guns and an empty freezer in the barn. Finders keepers.

SouthernMdRocks

oh i respect his right to hunt. but he has his 15 acres, 3/4 of which do NOT border my 26 acres of property. Yet he choses to use the area closest to MY inhabited and well used HORSE property. I've already given up riding on the area of MY property that is the most remote, and over a huge hill that borders his, BECAUSE he's put another permanent stand right on the property line there too. I will NOT give this area up. Forget it.

And NOPE he can't come onto my property to retrieve it. Tough luck. He'd better only shoot it if it's heading towards HIS house and not towards my barn. We have guns and an empty freezer in the barn. Finders keepers.
:howdy::howdy:

Happy I got the call and he is coming this evening.. I'll have to mess with him just a little for my amusement...:killingme Em's says hi!!!

enviro4u

the most remote, and over a huge hill that borders his, BECAUSE he's put another permanent stand right on the property line there too. I will NOT give this area up. Forget it.

From what it sounds like he is shooting into a hill side so the bullets will not travel. (safety for all)

Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
From what it sounds like he is shooting into a hill side so the bullets will not travel. (safety for all)
point is, he has a much safer and more isolated area to use on TOP of the next hill, no houses around anywhere, i won't even harass him for retrieving anything he might shoot that is on our property, especially considering he has positioned himself again quite close to my property borders on top of that hill, rather than in the middle of his OWN property.

He does NOT have to plant himself right in the middle of the half of our horse trail we ARE using as a SECOND shooting station. :burning:

Last edited: