Why can't We be friends????

enviro4u

, i won't even harass him for retrieving anything he might shoot that is on our property,
=
=
And NOPE he can't come onto my property to retrieve it:duel:. Tough luck. He'd better only shoot it if it's heading towards HIS house and not towards my barn. We have guns and an empty freezer in the barn. Finders keepers.:burning:

I dont understand the conflicting statements???:coffee:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
If he puts that stupid portable blind back up, on the property line near the trails i am actively using, or on my property, after I have modified my own riding habits and am not using parts of my own property BECAUSE he has a permanent blind set up close to the property borders, he'd better hope nothing comes onto my property after he's shot it from that portable blind cause he won't get it. Clear enough for ya?

the permanent blind is on a very remote section of both properties, which i happen to have trails cut through, but I'm NOT using my own property in that area because i know he sits in that blind with a gun. I haven't complained about it at all. But I WILL d@mn well complain if he continues to infringe on the enjoyment of my own property. I should be able to ride on my own property any day of the year i choose.

Last edited:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
If he puts that stupid portable blind back up, on the property line near the trails i am using, rather than using the permanent one he put on top of the hill (again close to the property borders) after I have modified my riding habits specifically FOR him, to avoid that area of my own property, he'd better hope nothing comes onto my property cause he won't get it. Clear enough for ya?

Ok, the dude is gone now... and I think Mia is starting to come in cuz Prince was smilin pretty. Onie was standing at the other end of the barn and I said, here he is and then he called for him, of course Onie just looked away...:lmao:

enviro4u

If he puts that stupid portable blind back up, on the property line near the trails i am actively using, or on my property, after I have modified my own riding habits and am not using parts of my own property BECAUSE he has a permanent blind set up close to the property borders, he'd better hope nothing comes onto my property after he's shot it from that portable blind cause he won't get it. Clear enough for ya?.

So as I understand it “Happygirl” if he uses the part of his land by your furthest horse trail you will refuse access to your land to retrieve his game.
What if one of your animals get loose on his property and he refuses you access?
Guess you will be picking the animal up from the local ASPCA.
Now why can't we all get along?

Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
So as I understand it “Happygirl” if he uses the part of his land by your furthest horse trail you will refuse access to your land to retrieve his game.
What if one of your animals get loose on his property and he refuses you access?
Guess you will be picking the animal up from the local ASPCA.
Now why can't we all get along?

NO i said if he uses that remote PERMANENT blind I couldn't care less what he bags or where it runs when he wings it and has to chase it down, because I am not using it, since he sits in a blind with a gun up there and it's remote, not a soul around-so i don't take the chance.

If he plunks that PORTABLE blind back onto my property, or on the property border in that area, which we ARE riding every day, and have been for over 3 years now, anything he shoots that ends up on MY property will become mine. Period.

Last edited:

enviro4u

Happygirl…
You have a very good point if he has his stand on your land you have every right to call DNR, refuse access , or :diva:burn down his blind.:diva:

Back to public land use during the firearms season.
Do you think horses or anglers should be allowed in the hunting grounds, when there is a designated (non hunting) area for anglers and horses ?
If so should their be any limits or requirements?
If not. Why?
-
-
Catch ya tomorrow

Last edited:

fredsaid2

Back to public land use during the firearms season.
Do you think horses or anglers should be allowed in the hunting grounds, when there is a designated (non hunting) area for anglers and horses ?
If so should their be any limits or requirements?
If not. Why?
-
-
Catch ya tomorrow

For safety's sake the areas should be separate. Hunting season isn't that long, non-hunters should be able to do without certain areas for that time period. I wouldn't knowingly venture in to an actively hunted area.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
For safety's sake the areas should be separate. Hunting season isn't that long, non-hunters should be able to do without certain areas for that time period. I wouldn't knowingly venture in to an actively hunted area.
Gosh hunting season sure SEEMS like it lasts a long time :lol: This year there are a TON of Sunday hunts, which cuts into our riding time, but i guess it's a necessary evil.

This really doesn't have to be even said but NO people shouldn't ride, hike or fish on designated public hunting land in season.

IMO, Season dates really should be posted somewhere on the edge of the hunted property, so people can easily know when it is designated as in season, even if the sign gives a range of dates and says "may" be in season during this timeframe. I don't think to look at a website to figure out when "In season" is when i go out for a ride.

And when riding on land adjacent to hunting land, it is advisable to wear bright orange even though it's not my best color :dead: I look like the great pumpkin. I do prefer to have some sort of bells or something that clanks on my horse, so hunters can hear me coming even if they are on the designated property, but happen to be close to a well used nonhunting hiking/riding trail. Sorry if that offends some hunters but oh well. :rolleyes:

enviro4u

Gosh hunting season sure SEEMS like it lasts a long time :lol: This year there are a TON of Sunday hunts, which cuts into our riding time, but i guess it's a necessary evil.

This really doesn't have to be even said but NO people shouldn't ride, hike or fish on designated public hunting land in season.

IMO, Season dates really should be posted somewhere on the edge of the hunted property, so people can easily know when it is designated as in season, even if the sign gives a range of dates and says "may" be in season during this timeframe. I don't think to look at a website to figure out when "In season" is when i go out for a ride.

And when riding on land adjacent to hunting land, it is advisable to wear bright orange even though it's not my best color :dead: I look like the great pumpkin. I do prefer to have some sort of bells or something that clanks on my horse, so hunters can hear me coming even if they are on the designated property, but happen to be close to a well used nonhunting hiking/riding trail. Sorry if that offends some hunters but oh well. :rolleyes:

In Maryland the ONY areas that you can hunt on Sundays is on Private Land.
“St. Mary’s, Somerset, Wicomico and Worcester Counties now have deer bow hunting on private land only on Sundays October 14, October 21, October 28, November 4, and November 11, 2007”http://www.dnr.state.md.us/huntersguide/whatsnew.asp
It is always advisable to wear a orange hat during the hunt season:howdy:. I put a 3 inch reflective orange collar on my dog. Bells are really not necessary, and may actually add to more gunfire in the areas where you ride, because it will only drive the deer from the bedding area towards the hunters:yahoo:. there is normally a greater hunter success rate when the deer are driven, and pushed by loud noise and “jumping” the deer.
-
Here were the public land Deer Firearms hunting dates for 2007
Nov 10th a junior hunt for the kids
Nov. 24 - Dec. 8, Jan 4 - Jan. 5, Oct. 18 - Oct. 20,Oct. 22 - Oct. 27,Dec. 15 - Dec. 29

As you can see its over now for firearms season ,
Bow season is still on till the end of the month, orange is not required to be worn in the woods then. I have never heard of a accidental bow shooting in MD so you are most likely safe. You will not even know where the bow hunters are.(full camo is very stealth)

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Bells are really not necessary, and may actually add to more gunfire in the areas where you ride, because it will only drive the deer from the bedding area towards the hunters:yahoo:. there is normally a greater hunter success rate when the deer are driven, and pushed by loud noise and “jumping” the deer.

:faint: I didn't know that!

As you can see its over now for firearms season ,

:yahoo: FREE AT LAST!!!!!!!!FREE to be ME :lol:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
The park around the lake is not what they are talking about...The is joined hunting grounds north of the park and east accross Indian Bridge Road, however they all tie into each other.

I thought he was talking about Patuxent River Park in PG County. Isn't what your talking about St Mary's River Park? (Is St Mary's River Park aka Patuxent River Park??) I guess I am really confused now.

What's new:lmao:

Last edited:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
I just went back to post #23 and he is talking about Patuxent River Park in Howard/Montgomery County and it appears that is a public hunting area. I forgot about that one:whistle:

enviro4u

I just went back to post #23 and he is talking about Patuxent River Park in Howard/Montgomery County and it appears that is a public hunting area. I forgot about that one:whistle:

Yes I have been using Patuxent River Park in Howard/Montgomery County as the example.

Robin

I thought he was talking about Patuxent River Park in PG County. Isn't what your talking about St Mary's River Park? (Is St Mary's River Park aka Patuxent River Park??) I guess I am really confused now.

What's new:lmao:

e is talking about one park and I am talkin about another one down here in st marys county. I believe everyone here respects the hunters. Its a shame that everyone cannot get along though. I know of a few farm owners that allow hunting and then after hunting season they use to allow us to trailride through their farms as well. I have learned when you give that others can give as well. We enjoyed having four wheelers ride through also helped to clear the trails and they were respectful by shutting off the engines til we passed and going about their merry way. I have many neighbors here with adjoining farms and hope to have the same conditions.

mingiz

Horse Poor
As far as St. Mary's River State park most of the park's hunting grounds are across Indian Bridge road.Away from the main park. There is private land on the lake side. They have also opened up more trails I hear. Most of the time during hunting season you can ride the lake without a problem. I have ridden the hunting side of the park during the off season of course. I know that I can get to K-Mart by horse back going through the hunting area. Did it :whistle: