Why did Jesus spit?

seekeroftruth

Mark 8:22 They came to Bethsaida, and some people brought a blind man and begged Jesus to touch him. 23 He took the blind man by the hand and led him outside the village. When he had spit on the man’s eyes and put his hands on him, Jesus asked, “Do you see anything?”
24 He looked up and said, “I see people; they look like trees walking around.”
25 Once more Jesus put his hands on the man’s eyes. Then his eyes were opened, his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly. 26 Jesus sent him home, saying, “Don’t even go into the village.”
If that guy goes into the village.... well then, the whole village will show up for a mass healing.

Why is Jesus putting spit on humans? Well, I went to Bing and Googled it and got an answer at "Got Questions". "Got Questions" is written by a Messianic Jew. This guy has already researched the majority of the "questions" I've "got". I rely on that site a lot.

Here's what "Got Questions" says about Jesus spitting on people.

One possible reason for Jesus’ use of His saliva has to do with the beliefs of His contemporary culture. Several Roman writers and Jewish rabbis considered saliva to be a valid treatment for blindness. Since the people of that day had a high view of saliva’s healing properties, Jesus used spit to communicate His intention to heal. Those being healed would have naturally interpreted Jesus’ spitting as a sign that they would soon be cured.​
And he goes on to say...

Jesus healed many people in His ministry; in fact, there was no sickness or infirmity that He could not heal (Matthew 4:23). Significantly, the details of each miracle vary slightly. Jesus never healed the same way twice. The variety of methods used by the Lord eliminates confidence in any one technique or modus operandi. Healing is not the product of any talisman, amulet, spell, or process. Healing comes from the power of God.​
Yesterday, I called my doctor and canceled the PET scan they insist I have. My cancer numbers came back a little high and they want to find the cancer. I've been telling them for years; the cancer is located in my abdominal muscles. I had colon cancer, they used a robot, the robot seeded it in the abdominal muscles. They had to take a slice out of my cancer laden abdominal muscle, years ago. They said they got it all, but the blood tests tell a different story. There's a spot in my belly, if I tickle it, it puckers up and gets all hard. It doesn't seem to be attached to anything, but it stays in the same place. It's growing, very slowly but I'm not sick and I'm not in pain. If I go to the doctor, they want to attack it. I told them where it was a few years ago.... they didn't believe me. They ordered this PET scan on August 24th.... and I'm not scheduled until November 7th.... oh yeah... it's urgent.... right. On top of that... I have to pay for this "urgent" test. Once they do the test, and "discover" my cancer.... then they will want to give me chemo.... and that will make me sick.

If they can't heal me.... then why bother giving me expensive tests? I wish they would just physically spit on me and let me go about my business!!! Oh, they aren't the Messiah... their spit wouldn't work.

OK... Jesus was alone with the guy.... just like with the deaf and dumb guy.... Jesus pulled these guys off to the side... they were alone. I don't agree with "Got Questions" answer. Jesus didn't need to "show" by spitting. They were alone. Maybe this is another "unfinished" person, set there for Jesus to heal. Or.... Jesus knew these men would be so thrilled by being healed, it would be impossible for them to keep their mouths shut. So... the spitting would make it real?

I already told y'all, I don't have a clue. I'm not a preacher or a doctor. But Jesus spit!

Why did Jesus spit?

:coffee: