Why do cats climb trees ????

Island_Chick

Mommy of 2
This is not my cat ! but i'm worried about him there's a cat up a tree behind my dog's pound .The poor thing is like about 50 feet up . This morning hubby went to let the dog out and told me he heard a cat I went down there and heard it crying & something told me to look up & there he was !!!!
hubby told FIL about it and he said the cat will come down . I told Hubby to call the fire dept. lol he said : i don't want them to laugh at me !!!!! poor kitty cat :frown:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
They'll...

...come down when they are ready.

Something scared it or chased it and it took off for safety, high ground. Cats like to be high. Look at all the crack they ingest.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
This is not my cat ! but i'm worried about him there's a cat up a tree behind my dog's pound .The poor thing is like about 50 feet up . This morning hubby went to let the dog out and told me he heard a cat I went down there and heard it crying & something told me to look up & there he was !!!!
hubby told FIL about it and he said the cat will come down . I told Hubby to call the fire dept. lol he said : i don't want them to laugh at me !!!!! poor kitty cat :frown:

I was always told, if they can get up there then they can get down. any idea how long he's been up there? My cat will sometimes run really fast toward the tree and only climb a couple of feet up before she backs right down. I always think she's going all the way to the top as fast as she's running.

If he doesn't come down by this evening, before dark, you might want to call someone, I'm not sure how long they can stay up there before dehydration will become a problem.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
They'll...

If he doesn't come down by this evening, before dark, you might want to call someone, I'm not sure how long they can stay up there before dehydration will become a problem.

...come down when they are ready. Could be a couple days.

Island_Chick

Mommy of 2
It's down came down to about ten feet then fell on the pound's roof . I grab it and have the cat in a cage no sure if it's M or F ?? didn't get a chance to look it's not that old 12 weeks or so I've asked around no ones knows it. I can't keep her my doggy doesn't like cats hmm ? maybe she chased it up to tree ?? so does anyone want A cat ??? I don't want to let it go KWIM ?

M

Mousebaby

It's down came down to about ten feet then fell on the pound's roof . I grab it and have the cat in a cage no sure if it's M or F ?? didn't get a chance to look it's not that old 12 weeks or so I've asked around no ones knows it. I can't keep her my doggy doesn't like cats hmm ? maybe she chased it up to tree ?? so does anyone want A cat ??? I don't want to let it go KWIM ?

No thank you, got 7 now, don't need anymore! But good on you for catching it. I'm sure if you place an ad in the classifieds someone will come and get it. Good Luck! :howdy:

Island_Chick

Mommy of 2
Well , I let the cat go this morning around 12:30 pm what does it do ?? goes up the tree again !!! thanks to the dog :smack: so it stayed up there til I got home this evening 8 pm well it was trying to come down and fell . anyways I caught it agian !! going to take it somewhere tomorrow i guess maybe call
SMAWL or PAWS

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Well , I let the cat go this morning around 12:30 pm what does it do ?? goes up the tree again !!! thanks to the dog :smack: so it stayed up there til I got home this evening 8 pm well it was trying to come down and fell . anyways I caught it agian !! going to take it somewhere tomorrow i guess maybe call
SMAWL or PAWS
You're not the brightest bulb in the pack are you. :killingme

T

toppick08

:gossip:..that's what cats do....:shrug: