Why do dogs do this???

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Apollo takes a mouthful of chow out of his bowl, deposits it on the carpet, then eats it.

:jameo:

I've asked him why he does this but he just stares blankly at me.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Apollo takes a mouthful of chow out of his bowl, deposits it on the carpet, then eats it.

At least he eats it, mine put hers in our sofa... like a Doomsday Prepper. :ohwell:

frequentflier

happy to be living
I read that back when dogs had to "kill", they would snatch a piece of whatever it was they killed and move away from the pack to eat it.

But who knows? Maybe he doesn't like the color of his dish!

Toxick

Splat

Does he have a metal bowl and a tag that dings on it when he eats? He may get irritated by the clanking sound.
Also he may be dragging food away from "the pack" (even non-existent) to avoid altercations with an alpha. Even only-child doggos do that. Instinct.

(And he won't answer you because he's shy, or self-conscious about his accent because English isn't his first language)

Hannibal

Does he have a metal bowl and a tag that dings on it when he eats? He may get irritated by the clanking sound.
Also he may be dragging food away from "the pack" (even non-existent) to avoid altercations with an alpha. Even only-child doggos do that. Instinct.

(And he won't answer you because he's shy, or self-conscious about his accent because English isn't his first language)

Another thought/consideration is that some dogs don't like their whiskers touching the sides of the dish. So, if the dog is putting his nose into a deep bowl (for example), his whiskers would constantly touch the sides and can be aggravating for them, leading to them removing some of the food to eat off a flat surface elsewhere.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

:lol:

So, in other words, my dog is indeed a crazy prepper OR he's just crazy?

If some genius wanted to make a fortune, he'd come up with a way for humans to know what their dog is thinking or trying to tell them. If I were a different type of person I'd make a bogus scam version and get rich.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Our Basenji does this ...... she wont answer either

I read that back when dogs had to "kill", they would snatch a piece of whatever it was they killed and move away from the pack to eat it. !

My Wife has mentioned this as the reason ... no other dogs or cats

just instinct

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

One of my Mals does that too.

The ex and I have refered to it as "Emmas take-out" for years.

I think she does it just to be able to nibble without being too far from her people.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

If some genius wanted to make a fortune, he'd come up with a way for humans to know what their dog is thinking or trying to tell them. If I were a different type of person I'd make a bogus scam version and get rich.

[video=youtube;yfCCwEf_J5A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfCCwEf_J5A[/video]

Apollo

Woof!

So, in other words, my dog is indeed a crazy prepper or he's just crazy?

If some genius wanted to make a fortune, he'd come up with a way for humans to know what their dog is thinking or trying to tell them. If i were a different type of person i'd make a bogus scam version and get rich.

woof!

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

Dogs are like boyfriends....don’t try to over analyze their habits.....just sayin’

Dakota

~~~~~~~

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1525186788634.jpg
    FB_IMG_1525186788634.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 447