Why does this keep happening?

Pete

Repete
Because some people refuse to act civilized no matter how much free money you throw at them.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Because liberals believe it a violation of rights to put metal detectors on buses and that parents shouldn't beat their kids behinds.

sushisamba

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr
bresamil said:
Because liberals believe it a violation of rights to put metal detectors on buses and that parents shouldn't beat their kids behinds.
But repukes support the NRA which enables people to buy guns. This is a chicken and egg conversation.

And I'm a lib and open cans of whoop azz when need be on my kids. :yay:

sushisamba said:
But repukes support the NRA which enables people to buy guns. This is a chicken and egg conversation.

Gun regulations only keep weapons away from law abiding citizens.

sushisamba

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr
kwillia said:
Gun regulations only keep weapons away from law abiding citizens.
And from law abiding citizens who are so careless that their kids get their hands on them and take them to school. Where is breaking and entering and burglary so prevalent in neighborhoods that people actually need a gun in their homes to keep their families safe? And don't argue they need them for hunting because one of the 10 commandments is Thou Shalt not Kill, so find another hobby. The freedom is not worth the consequences. JMO

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
sushisamba said:

Well this boys parents obviously did not, or he would not be toting a gun to school.

I'm all for locker searches, backpack searches, metal detectors at school and on buses.

I'm all for law abiding adult citizens owning guns. Heck, I'd even agree to gun safety classes and having owners go to the range and be certified to use their guns. They could even be recertified every few years, just like renewing a drivers license.

sushisamba said:
And from law abiding citizens who are so careless that their kids get their hands on them and take them to school. Where is breaking and entering and burglary so prevalent in neighborhoods that people actually need a gun in their homes to keep their families safe? And don't argue they need them for hunting because one of the 10 commandments is Thou Shalt not Kill, so find another hobby. The freedom is not worth the consequences. JMO
Who says it's the kids of the law abiding citizens that are bringing these guns to school...:confused: The boy who shot the daycare girl didn't have a "legal" gun.

Pete

Repete
sushisamba said:
Viola! the heart of the liberal mantra

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
sushisamba said:
because one of the 10 commandments is Thou Shalt not Kill, so find another hobby. The freedom is not worth the consequences. JMO

Just a minor point here really but Thou Shalt Not Kill has to do with killing human beings.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
sushisamba said:
Where is breaking and entering and burglary so prevalent in neighborhoods that people actually need a gun in their homes to keep their families safe?
You're kidding, right? :confused:

ylexot

Super Genius
sushisamba said:

The NRA also has a youth education program (the Eddie the Eagle program) that teaches them about the dangers of firearms and teaches them what to do if they encounter a firearm (don't touch it, get an adult). For some reason, Democrats (notice that I did not use a derogatory term?) oppose this education. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
bresamil said:
Just a minor point here really but Thou Shalt Not Kill has to do with killing human beings.
:yeahthat: People ate meat in the Bible. God even put down rules for such meat-eating, so I doubt He had a real problem with it.

And it's "Thou Shalt Not Commit Murder", anyway.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Good!

sushisamba said:

Then, hopefully, your kids won't be the ones getting hit by cars on their skateboards, using drugs, disfiguring their bodies out of shear boredom or shooting each other in the face.

If you are so worried about guns, then certainly you support the arrest and jailing of CRIMINALS who get guns illegally and use them ILLEGALLY, yes?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
ylexot said:
The NRA also has a youth education program (the Eddie the Eagle program) that teaches them about the dangers of firearms and teaches them what to do if they encounter a firearm (don't touch it, get an adult). For some reason, Democrats (notice that I did not use a derogatory term?) oppose this education. :shrug:

The most dangerous gun is the one in the hands of an inexperienced user. We were allowed to take riflery in the 8th grade and we went through the entire Firearm Safety course. All children should have that opportunity. My oldest took a safety course so he could hunt. The other two will take the course as they come of age to handle a rifle.