WHY Does This Not Exist?

I'm talking about a dedicated door in your fridge for butter. Not the one with a cheap plastic door that breaks. One that can keep butter at the PERFECT temp.

If you leave butter in the fridge, it's too hard to spread without ripping the bread (or whatever...). If you leave it on the counter like I do, it's way too soft at this time of year, practically melted.

A dedicated butter door with adjustable temp. Mixes outside air with chilled air to get that perfect butter temp.

I found a standalone temp controlled butter keeper for the counter, but find it hard to believe this is not a standard item on fridges.

And yes. This is all because I just wanted to put some butter on some cornbread just now. :mad:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Never get it consistent. Melted on the bottom, rock hard on top. I've even used short cycles and turned the butter, but more trouble than it's worth trying to get it right.

Set it outside for a few minutes then.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I keep two forms of butter on hand - sticks and a tub of whipped. The whipped spreads easy peasy. :shrug:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I don't know what temperature it is but when the servants bring me my buttered scones and coffee it's always perfect.

I shall ask them and relay the information here.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Actually, I could totally get behind this :lol:

In baking I almost ALWAYS forget to set out the butter to come to room temp before starting. So then I have to microwave it and no matter how carefully I watch that, sometimes I melt it too much. And then I have to start all over :mad:

Actually, I could totally get behind this :lol:

In baking I almost ALWAYS forget to set out the butter to come to room temp before starting. So then I have to microwave it and no matter how carefully I watch that, sometimes I melt it too much. And then I have to start all over :mad:

Having watched way too many cooking shows, I've learned that melted butter does not do the job when baking, it needs to be semi-hard and ideally in little nuggets. A trick I learned was to use a cheese grater on frozen butter to get it right.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Having watched way too many cooking shows, I've learned that melted butter does not do the job when baking, it needs to be semi-hard and ideally in little nuggets. A trick I learned was to use a cheese grater on frozen butter to get it right.

correct, I've seen that too but inevitably I just get lazy about it :lol:

they should sell that: frozen butter nuggets/shaved butter.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
And I thought I was lazy......:lol:

listen, if you saw my weekly meal menus and extensive meal plannings and preppings, you'd understand why every once in awhile I could use a little short cut :lol: I truly love cooking and baking but once it gets *too* scientific, I have to step back :lol: I do it all too much to get too detailed all the damn time!