WHY Does This Not Exist?

Cool you house a little more you cheap bastard ....... mine has no issues on the Kitchen Counter :razz:

That's where I keep mine.. toast, for the frying pan or cookie dough. It's always the right temp to spread or mix easily.

:drama: I use good butter, the 'spensive imported stuff. It melts at a lower temp than that common yucky stuff you guys buy. :drama: :noseinair:

black dog

Free America
:drama: I use good butter, the 'spensive imported stuff. It melts at a lower temp than that common yucky stuff you guys buy. :drama: :noseinair:

That Amish free range butter that's churned in a old Maytag ringer washer driven with a 3 1/2 horse Briggs that costs 9.50 a pound?

I'm talking about a dedicated door in your fridge for butter. Not the one with a cheap plastic door that breaks. One that can keep butter at the PERFECT temp.

If you leave butter in the fridge, it's too hard to spread without ripping the bread (or whatever...). If you leave it on the counter like I do, it's way too soft at this time of year, practically melted.

A dedicated butter door with adjustable temp. Mixes outside air with chilled air to get that perfect butter temp.

I found a standalone temp controlled butter keeper for the counter, but find it hard to believe this is not a standard item on fridges.

And yes. This is all because I just wanted to put some butter on some cornbread just now. :mad:
So, watching my Saturday morning E/I shows, now that cartoons have been banned. Innovation Nation has some pretty nice segments on current tech and inventions. Today they showed old tech, original fridges ffrom ice boxes to the first electric unit. Guess what they used to have..... a figgin' temp adjustable butter keeper in the door, just so it wasn't rock hard when you took it out.

135015 WHY YOU NO STILL MAKE THIS?!?!?!

jrt_ms1995

I don't know what temperature it is but when the servants bring me my buttered scones and coffee it's always perfect.

I shall ask them and relay the information here.
Why, splendid, my good fellow! Positively splendid! You must join us at Ascot some time. 🎩

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I always had a crock of butter out on my counter until I moved into the motorhome and never had any problem with it melting. 🤷

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Cool you house a little more you cheap bastard ....... mine has no issues on the Kitchen Counter :razz:

But what with global warming we're finding we can't get the temp low enough without going broke paying the electric bill! :eek:

--- End of line (MCP)

I always had a crock of butter out on my counter until I moved into the motorhome and never had any problem with it melting. 🤷
Well, at this time of year I have the opposite problem. My house is large, so I section it off so I don't spend money heating the unused parts. My bedroom, family room, bathroom and den are downstairs heated by the pellet stove. Upstairs is the kitchen and living room. Upstairs again are 3 more bedrooms/bathrooms which are on the house thermostat. I close the door between the family room and kitchen. Family room is a pleasant 72. Kitchen and rest of the upstairs is 55. Butter on the counter in the kitchen is just as hard as if I took it out of the fridge.