Why I don't trust the news

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

The coronavirus is the third-leading killer of Americans based on recent daily death tolls in the country.

The daily death toll in the United States exceeded 750 earlier this week, according to a report from the Sacramento Bee. The data leaves COVID-19 as the third-leading killer of people in the U.S. when compared to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

This whole piece is a lie. COVID isn't causing 748 deaths PER day, it caused 748 deaths in A day. If it continues to kill that many people every single day for a year, then they can say it's the third leading cause of death. As of now it's not even in the Top 10.

And yet this story is all over the news media, pretty much every online entity has it, with that same bullshit headline. If COVID is really all that bad, why do they have to lie to make it seem worse? Just like those racial hoaxes - if racial hate crimes are so prevalent, why do so many people have to fabricate them? This is the same thing.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
This whole piece is a lie. COVID isn't causing 748 deaths PER day, it caused 748 deaths in A day. If it continues to kill that many people every single day for a year, then they can say it's the third leading cause of death. As of now it's not even in the Top 10.

And yet this story is all over the news media, pretty much every online entity has it, with that same bullshit headline. If COVID is really all that bad, why do they have to lie to make it seem worse? Just like those racial hoaxes - if racial hate crimes are so prevalent, why do so many people have to fabricate them? This is the same thing.

We no longer have news. We have propagandists, and to them it's not a lie.... It's an artform.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Since we have such an epidemic of people not being able to extrapolate data and interpret it in this country, I can't imagine how many bots are now running around keening that COVID is now the THIRD LARGEST CAUSE OF DEATH IN AMERICA!!!!! :jameo:

And you'll show them the data, explain to them why the media propaganda is a lie, and they will still run around screaming about how COVID is killing everyone. EVERYONE!!

It's frustrating, yet fascinating to watch.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Since we have such an epidemic of people not being able to extrapolate data and interpret it in this country, I can't imagine how many bots are now running around keening that COVID is now the THIRD LARGEST CAUSE OF DEATH IN AMERICA!!!!! :jameo:

And you'll show them the data, explain to them why the media propaganda is a lie, and they will still run around screaming about how COVID is killing everyone. EVERYONE!!

It's frustrating, yet fascinating to watch.
.....and its all Trump's fault.....he has blood on his hands

Where the hell did Todd pull that one out of??????

Oh..we know don't we

itsbob

I bowl overhand

So, you believe that tomorrow we will have LESS THAN 748 deaths from COVID??

Personally I don't think we're there yet, we haven't peaked. We will suffer an increase in deaths for some time now. Where it will peak or even level off nobody knows. We do know that because of what we've done, there will be many LESS deaths than the original models projected. How many? Who knows, but it will be considerably less than 2 million, and if we can slow the climb, maybe we can have a vaccine prior to getting close to 50k or 100k..

According to the current updated model, we should peak around the middle of April at 2,000 Covid Deaths a day. The model that was reported last week, we are tracking almost exactly where they predicted. We shouldn't expect it to change unless something drastic happens, like a vaccine, or a cure (we find malaria drugs effective for example). What we have done, by flattening the curve, we've also built additional time to find a vaccine, or an effective drug to treat it, and that could have a HUGE impact on the latter parts of the curve.

The people that built these models, aren't politicians, they have NOTHING to gain with their models.. and ALL the models have been significantly decreased due to the actions we've taken. Their orginal models were based on us doing nothing, as we progressed, and we did THINGS, it drastically changed the models. Not perfect, but nowhere near as dire as the original mode.s

England has been decreased from what, 2 MILLION to 20 thousand??

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
... The people that built these models, aren't politicians, they have NOTHING to gain with their models..
$$$

Future funding.

The Global Warming industry has been pumped full of cash for decades, and what do all their studies find... More :cds: for more $$$

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
$$$

Future funding.

The Global Warming industry has been pumped full of cash for decades, and what do all their studies find... More :cds: for more $$$

No chit - it's stunning to me that cognizant adults don't realize that.

Hijinx

Vrai says she doesn't trust the news. Well: The news is certainly on my list of things I no longer trust.

The News---The FBI---The CIA---The FISA court---Chief Justice Robert--The Montgomery County Police who shot a man in his bed--The entire Democrat Congressional politicians. Not a stinking assed one of them. I know a lot of Democrats who are decent people but as far as I am concerned the politicians ,when they got elected to their high positions gave up all dignity,integrity,and the right to vote as they wished. They became nothing more than a number for Pelosi ,Steny, and The Schmuck to use.

22AcaciaAve

This actually goes to the use of statistics. The statement is not actually a lie, but it all depends on the time frame you use. They are using daily averages for everything vs. a one day daily toll to make their point. Not exactly a fair comparison. Using the same comparison technique, you could have made the statement on 9/11/2001 that terrorists attacks have now become the #1 killer of Americans at over 3,000 per day. For 9/11/2001 that would be true, but it would not be true extrapolated over 1 year. The actual deaths from Covid-19 per day over a 1 year period remains to be seen. But it is a true statement that the number of deaths due to this virus has exceeded that of other causes on a temporary basis. That is what a pandemic is. If the predicted numbers of 200,000 deaths come true, it would for a one year period be in the top 5. But it won't be sustainable the way heart attacks, strokes and traffic accidents are year after year once a vaccine is developed.