Why is MSM ignoring this?

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
Probably because someone with a gun, stopped some other crazy bastard with a gun.

Exactly if someone in the theater pulled out a gun and shot the gunman after he had shot one or two people the thing in Colorado would have probably not received any news coverage.

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

MrZ06 said:
Probably because someone with a gun, stopped some other crazy bastard with a gun.

Exactly if someone in the theater pulled out a gun and shot the gunman after he had shot one or two people the thing in Colorado would have probably not received any news coverage.

Well that is debatable. As other posters have pointed out, having a handgun in a battle with a guy wearing body armor and carrying long arms might not have changed anything. What isn't debatable is that Colorado is a shall issue state with almost no restrictions on open carry, yet no one else in that theater chose to carry a gun.

Wirelessly posted

Well that is debatable. As other posters have pointed out, having a handgun in a battle with a guy wearing body armor and carrying long arms might not have changed anything. What isn't debatable is that Colorado is a shall issue state with almost no restrictions on open carry, yet no one else in that theater chose to carry a gun.

I thought the theater itself had restrictions?

thatguy

Wirelessly posted

desertrat said:
thatguy said:

Colorado law saws that those restrictions are illegal and can not be enforced. The only exceptions are places where all people must pass through metal detectors such as court houses.

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

They guy was a wimp. He had this entire, crazy plan, body armor, multiple guns, etc. and what did he do when the cops put a gun to his face?

Bowed down, and even told them his home was booby-trapped.

Now, what IS debatable is the fact that this pansy would have turned and hauled a$$ out of that theater when HE was the one being shot at.

I will admit that hindsight always 20-20.

That "No Guns" sign has no legal standing, and they can not MAKE you not bring your gun.

What they CAN do is ask you to leave if you don't comply. If you don't leave, you'll get a trespassing charge.

jetmonkey

Wirelessly posted

People keep acting like body armor makes you invincible. Every time I've seen someone get shot testing a vest they act like they are going to ####ing die. :shrug:

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
People keep acting like body armor makes you invincible. Every time I've seen someone get shot testing a vest they act like they are going to ####ing die. :shrug:

That's generally because body armor does not counteract the big MO. Quite a few bruises and broken ribs underneath that stuff when high-velocity lead intercepts the body.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
Wirelessly posted

Body armor or not. I'm sure 2 or 3 shots center mass would have dropped him. Body armor doesn't make you invincible.