Why is Obama not endorsing Biden for Prez?

SamSpade

He must have someone else in mind. He did endorse Hillary, and it's no secret the Obamas and Clintons did not get along.

To Biden's discredit, he concocted some story that he ASKED that Obama not endorse him because he "wanted the Democratic
candidate to win on his own merit". That doesn't even make sense; it sounds MORE like he asked him not to endorse ANYONE,
because if he wants the nominee to get there on their own merit, it means NO ONE should get it.

Biden is NOT Obama Part 2. He's old school Democrat, and 8 years as VP, Obama knows how prone he is to mistakes and
misstatements on the campaign trail. His surge in the polls is waning, and he is probably not the best candidate to face Trump.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Barry has never hidden his dislike of Biden - when you'd see them at some event, it was always Biden yucking it up and backslapping, with Barry gritting his teeth and barely concealing his eye rolling. You could observe Obama visibly cringing every time he had to share a stage with Biden.

Obama chose Biden for VP because he (Biden) is old school with name recognition and connections, not because they were old buddies or even remotely friendly. I always figured Obama would replace Biden after he won in 2012, surprised that he didn't.

SamSpade

Barry has never hidden his dislike of Biden - when you'd see them at some event, it was always Biden yucking it up and backslapping, with Barry gritting his teeth and barely concealing his eye rolling. You could observe Obama visibly cringing every time he had to share a stage with Biden.

Obama chose Biden for VP because he (Biden) is old school with name recognition and connections, not because they were old buddies or even remotely friendly. I always figured Obama would replace Biden after he won in 2012, surprised that he didn't.
Yeah - I see that - but I don't think it holds a candle to the utter contempt he had for the Clintons, or - at least - Bill.
Remember it was Bill who said something like "a few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our BAGS".

But Obama STILL endorsed Hillary, albeit after the nomination (IIRC), just as Gore did.

EDIT to add: Nope, it was before, but after she'd sewn up enough delegates.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yeah - I see that - but I don't think it holds a candle to the utter contempt he had for the Clintons, or - at least - Bill.
Remember it was Bill who said something like "a few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our BAGS".

But Obama STILL endorsed Hillary, albeit after the nomination (IIRC), just as Gore did.

Barry is a puppet of the Masters. He will endorse who they tell him to endorse, and that decision hasn't been made yet. But I'm almost positive it won't be Biden.

BOP

Instead, Bill is stuck carrying his own bag.