Why it's important to obey the police

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Armed man going into a Burger King. Tossed things around, assaults employees and points a gun at several people. The police are called about a man with a gun. 45 seconds worth of telling him to put down his weapon. He refused and he gets a couple of doses of highly accurate lead injections. Oh, I forgot to mention, the dude causing all the chaos is a card carrying member of a US protected minority group.

No charges for the officer that shot him. Community is outraged as it's open season on black males. I mean every weekend in Chicago & Baltimore it's open season on them but that doesn't count.

Thank goodness for body cameras.

Many in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg community have reportedly called for Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Chief Kerr Putney to step down in the wake of Franklin's' death.

Police chief addressing the community.

BernieP

Resident PIA
So the cops were wrong for shooting him because he may have been putting the gun down?
New portion of the entrance exam for the police academy will be on mind reading, maybe they can learn the Vulcan mind meld.

How about, please tell members of your dumbass community that waving a weapon around a public establishment is going to get them shot.
Our officers are not trained to shoot the gun out of their hand or simply "wing them", we train our officers to shoot to kill.
So if you don't like seeing dead people, tell them not to use a weapon as this man did.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
It's likely the Charlotte-Mecklenburg crime rate took a tiny dip.

officeguy

It just came out that they won't charge the officer that shot the guy. After months of investigating.

That's the part I dont get about these cases if there is body cam footage Why the monthlong investigations. All it should take is for the police chief and the district attorney to watch the video to put a checkmark in the box: [ ] good shoot and move on. It's not like they need to wait for the DNA test or the forensic accountant to finish their exhausting study

baxter

None of this would have happened if the asshat would have put the gun down like he was told, he got EXACTLY what he deserved!!!!!!!!!!!!! stupid fish---DUMBASS

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Why it's important to obey the police
Ya know what really irks me? It's that, "obey", part. I'd be happy to follow instructions, direction, requests, advise, given in a pleasant manner. But, "obey"? I've got this issue with submission. Not in my nature.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
If I may ...

Ya know what really irks me? It's that, "obey", part. I'd be happy to follow instructions, direction, requests, advise, given in a pleasant manner. But, "obey"? I've got this issue with submission. Not in my nature.

Looks like the guy that got shot also had obey issues.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
That's the part I dont get about these cases if there is body cam footage Why the monthlong investigations. All it should take is for the police chief and the district attorney to watch the video to put a checkmark in the box: [ ] good shoot and move on. It's not like they need to wait for the DNA test or the forensic accountant to finish their exhausting study
there's the problem, the DA is an elected position and if there's a clamor over the police shooting a poor black youth and he doesn't appear to be on the rioters side then he doesn't get reelected.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

It's also because they do not work for the people. These police work for the municipality, a corporation. They first and foremost protect themselves, the city council, and the appointed Chief of Police they serve. Transparency is far far far at the bottom of the list for interacting with the public upon such matters.