Why no postings on this week unemployment claims???

transporter

Oh...that's why.

In the week ending April 20, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 230,000, an increase of 37,000 from the previous week's revised level. The previous week's level was revised up by 1,000 from 192,000 to 193,000. The 4-week moving average was 206,000, an increase of 4,500 from the previous week's revised average.

This is why folks who know better (unlike the Fox "News" types) don't go ahead claiming victory due to unemployment claims.

This_person

From the Bureau of Labor Statistics:
Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey

While Tranny may be celebrating an upward blip, it's barely even a blip at all.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Why no postings on this week unemployment claims???
Ummm. Well, ya see. Hummm. Uhhhhh. Errrrr. Ahhhhh. Actually, no one gives a sh-t quite like you so, we all thought, you might want to run with it for a while. Thanks for the update. Super good job. Personally, I'm beginning to think these numbers act similarly to the tide. You know, up one moment, down the next, up a bit later, down the next. Kinda like a yoyo. Of course, don't forget about the mean highs, and mean lows. I tells ya what T. Why not just hold off on the next report until, say, this time next year? Don't want to wear you out. Thanks 'ole buddy 'ole pal.