Why some say Mexico already built Trump's wall -- and paid for it

This_person

Why some say Mexico already built Trump's wall -- and paid for it

Mexico City (CNN)The commander paces in front of a line of troops, preparing them for the day's mission.
"We are in our country. We are in Mexico. We are enforcing our laws," he says, his voice getting louder with each point he makes.
"Nobody is going to come here to trample on our laws," he continues. "Nobody is going come here to trample on our country, on our land."
Soon afterward, according to local media reports, military police from Mexico's National Guard blocked a large group of migrants in Tuzantán, Mexico, who had been trying to head north. The caravan, made up of thousands of migrants largely from Africa, Central America and the Caribbean, was disbanded and sent to an immigrant detention camp in southern Mexico.

A video of the October 12 operation went viral and stirred a mix of reactions in Mexico, adding fresh fuel to a point critics of President Andres Manuel López Obrador have been making for months.
Mexico, they argue, actually built US President Donald Trump's border wall after all -- not with concrete or bricks or steel, but with thousands of federal forces like this camouflage-clad commander and the troops following his orders.
And Mexico, they argue, is paying for it.

It's from that right wing rag group, CNN, that's always shilling for Trump, so you can believe it or not.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Doesn't matter what CNN says now; what they've been saying for 3 years is what's embedded in the bot brains is that Trump lied about Mexico paying for the wall, and Trump personally rips children from their parents' arms and throws them in concentration camps.

If the leftist media had told the truth from the beginning, this would be a different country right now. The Transporters would be marginalized freaks instead of a major voting bloc, for one thing. We'd be able to discuss issues like adults instead of having a pack of kids running around wagging their finger at us.

If I were Trump I'd be like, you know what? Screw you people. You don't deserve nice things. And I'd take my billions and go lay on a beach somewhere and have cabana boys bring me frozen beverages.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
From the videos I saw, that was quite a major gun battle. But that aside....my money is on someone "higher up", with lots of cartel money in their bank account, "suggesting" that they give up the operation and turn the lad loose.

This ^^ I'm not sure why progbots can't grasp context in light of what's going on in these countries, but there it is.

Chris0nllyn

I'm searching for the relevance and not finding it.

The thread is supposed to lead people to believe that Mexico is thwarting illegal immigration because Trump pressured them into creating this super awesome federal force but Mexico can't even capture one of their highest profile drug lords without giving him back to the cartel.

This_person

The thread is supposed to lead people to believe
No, it's not the job of the thread to lead people to any belief. It is the job of the thread to report what CNN is reporting and show that they've reviewed reality and changed their tune.
that Mexico is thwarting illegal immigration because Trump pressured them into creating this super awesome federal force
I think that federal force already existed, they're just working with a new priority.
but Mexico can't even capture one of their highest profile drug lords without giving him back to the cartel.
So, they DID capture, but they treated the son of a multi-billionaire drug cartel thug differently, based on....illegal immigration? Trump? CNN? Where's the tie?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The thread is supposed to lead people to believe that Mexico is thwarting illegal immigration because Trump pressured them into creating this super awesome federal force but Mexico can't even capture one of their highest profile drug lords without giving him back to the cartel.

Why are you so adverse to any good news about Trump? Normal people go, "That's great," or "It's about time." You have to throw a negative light on it, even if you have to go off-topic to do it.

Why?

You insist that you are a free thinker and objective, and yet you can't ever acknowledge when something positive happens with regard to Trump. You piss on it every single time and go off on some unrelated tangent.

Why?

That's a real question: why do you hate our President with such a blinding passion? What has that man done to you to deserve such enmity?

Chris0nllyn

No, it's not the job of the thread to lead people to any belief. It is the job of the thread to report what CNN is reporting and show that they've reviewed reality and changed their tune.
I think that federal force already existed, they're just working with a new priority.
So, they DID capture, but they treated the son of a multi-billionaire drug cartel thug differently, based on....illegal immigration? Trump? CNN? Where's the tie?
Maybe CNN did change their tune, but based on actual events happening in Mexico, I'll withhold judgement they are doing anything effective.

The force was created by the new President almost 4 months ago.

The tie is Mexico.

Why are you so adverse to any good news about Trump? Normal people go, "That's great," or "It's about time." You have to throw a negative light on it, even if you have to go off-topic to do it.

Why?

You insist that you are a free thinker and objective, and yet you can't ever acknowledge when something positive happens with regard to Trump. You piss on it every single time and go off on some unrelated tangent.

Why?

That's a real question: why do you hate our President with such a blinding passion? What has that man done to you to deserve such enmity?

Where's the good news about Trump in this story?

I don't "hate him with blinding passion" and you only think that way because you don't read anything I actually type. You have this preconceived notion in your head that any little aversion to Trump or his actions; any criticism of his actions; equates to blind hatred.

I like his deregulation. I like his tax cuts. But that's about it. I believe he's blundered his way through his time in office. Hastily making decisions without a clear plan for anything else. I think his first instinct is to lie and if/when the truth comes out, he shifts the blame. He's a horrible public speaker who couldn't explain his way out of a wet paper bag. Overall, he's a blowhard who thinks he's more important than he is.

That wouldn't bother me if his actions were indicative of someone who knew what they were doing but so far, it appears he's pissing in the wind.

I know you won't agree with me, and that's fine, but I've explained my stances and reasons why I don't like Trump multiple times. I'm not here mindlessly posting anti-Trump posts because I saw them on Reddit (like another poster), my concerns are from a place of wanting less spending and less government intervention in our lives. From a place where the President shouldn't wield so much power that it makes people freak out at the very sight of a red hat or the mention of "Obamacare". From a place that believes in true separation of powers and the constitution he swore to uphold. And that means all of it....even the "phony" parts.

This_person

Maybe CNN did change their tune, but based on actual events happening in Mexico, I'll withhold judgement they are doing anything effective.

That's smart. It's always better to wait and see the full impact before rushing to judgement. :yay:

The force was created by the new President almost 4 months ago.
The NPR report you quoted says the guard was already created ("on paper"), just not populated yet. Either way, it seems a good thing for them, not singularly "because Trump pressured them into creating this super awesome federal force". While it seems clear that Trump's conversations with the Mexican president influenced when it would be resourced, the guard already existed.

The tie is Mexico.

So, this story is equally germane to a thread about CNN changing it's tune on Mexico "paying for the wall"?

Where's the good news about Trump in this story?

Trump's foreign policy, "tariff wars" (or threats thereof), and plans to have Mexico fix our immigration problem at their cost all seem to be coming to a positive fruition. At least, that's what CNN is reporting (now, years after saying it never would).

transporter

It's from that right wing rag group, CNN, that's always shilling for Trump, so you can believe it or not.

That's kind of interesting.

Naturally, it is incorrect for it misses the two most basic points:

1. We didn't have an illegal immigration issue until Trump created one with his idiotic and asinine "I'm gonna close the border" comments.

2. Border apprehensions are higher now that they were before Trump...

Not sure why this is such a difficult concept for you to understand...

transporter

Trump's foreign policy, "tariff wars" (or threats thereof), and plans to have Mexico fix our immigration problem at their cost all seem to be coming to a positive fruition. At least, that's what CNN is reporting (now, years after saying it never would).

Trump's foreign policy is a complete joke. He has absolutely nothing to show for all his childish tweets, ignorance, bluster and threats. Nothing but a small little trade deal with South Korea. Spitbubble was all enthralled with it...naturally she didn't bother to look up the actual details..

The USMCA is going nowhere. NORK played Trump like a fiddle. Russia continues to play Trump like a fiddle. The tail between his legs withdrawal fro Syria. The failure that his trade policies are with China, Japan, Southeast Asia, Europe.

The immigration problem isn't fixed...see above.

Trump is a clown in a world of PhDs...

This_person

That's kind of interesting.

1. We didn't have an illegal immigration issue until Trump created one with his idiotic and asinine "I'm gonna close the border" comments.

The tens of millions of illegal aliens in the country before Trump was elected tend to show this point to be factually inaccurate.

2. Border apprehensions are higher now that they were before Trump...

Not sure why this is such a difficult concept for you to understand...
That's not a difficult concept to understand at all: When you let border protection do their job, they do.

This_person

Trump's foreign policy is a complete joke. He has absolutely nothing to show for all his childish tweets, ignorance, bluster and threats. Nothing but a small little trade deal with South Korea. Spitbubble was all enthralled with it...naturally she didn't bother to look up the actual details..

The USMCA is going nowhere. NORK played Trump like a fiddle. Russia continues to play Trump like a fiddle. The tail between his legs withdrawal fro Syria. The failure that his trade policies are with China, Japan, Southeast Asia, Europe.

The immigration problem isn't fixed...see above.

Trump is a clown in a world of PhDs...
The subject of the thread belies any believability in your post.

Oh, and by the way:
You truly are a POS, spitbubble.

You piss, moan, cry and whine about how disrespectful others are. You piss, moan, cry and whine about how this is a "community forum"....

Then you post crap like the above.

If you don't have anything good to say about the man, STFU. It isn't difficult. Just STFU.

STFU. It isn't difficult, just STFU. Your advice, you should follow it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I know you won't agree with me, and that's fine, but I've explained my stances and reasons why I don't like Trump multiple times. I

I would think you, of all people, would be pleased at the very least to see him dismantling our elite untouchable government and media institutions that keep us enslaved both physically and mentally. And yet I've seen you rail when Trump pops them publicly. If you are truly a libertarian, you'd be championing freedom, not bitching when someone takes down our oppressors.

From a place where the President shouldn't wield so much power that it makes people freak out at the very sight of a red hat

And there it is. You blame Trump because our media masters have told the bots to freak out over a hat. You criticize Trump for the actions taken by his opposition, which is exactly their excuse: "Well, if Trump wasn't so heinous and Stalinist, we wouldn't have to beat the sh*t out of his supporters and burn down cities in protest."

How do you not understand that that's ****ed up? How do you not understand that Trump is not the fascist here?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

This is the dumbest thing you've ever posted, and that's saying something.

EVERYONE agreed that we had an illegal immigration problem.....right up until the second that Trump reiterated it and took steps to fix it. All the Leftists did skidmarks in their drawers, they hit the brakes and u-turned so fast. Every Democrat politician is on video saying one thing, then saying the exact opposite after Trump. Nancy, Chuckie, Barry, all of them.

This_person

...and took steps to fix it.
THIS was Trump's key mis-doing to most on the left and right. When it was something they could argue about, it was a bad thing and they could argue about it. When something is actually being DONE about it - HORRORS!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
THIS was Trump's key mis-doing to most on the left and right. When it was something they could argue about, it was a bad thing and they could argue about it. When something is actually being DONE about it - HORRORS!!!

I expect that sort of mindless drooling from the Transporters; I do not expect it from @Chris0nllyn, and in fact I expect the exact opposite. Which is why I'm always disappointed when he bursts out with some "orange man bad" nonsense.

This_person

I expect that sort of mindless drooling from the Transporters; I do not expect it from @Chris0nllyn, and in fact I expect the exact opposite. Which is why I'm always disappointed when he bursts out with some "orange man bad" nonsense.
The last time the two of us mentioned he's better than that, he went off on a huge screed about how that's not fair. I've stopped believing he holds himself to a higher standard than Tranny or Boss Baby or Spanker or any of those types because of that.