Why would they say this?

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I don't know, but someone oughta tell her husband who said:

"After this," her husband, Brian Thomas, said, "I want to move my family to California."
that they have earthquakes there.

Qpid

nomoney said:
But it wasn't okay for brett to say that I thought :confused:

I said he shouldn't have said it on t.v. like he was exempt from tragedy being a celeb because there were people far off in worse situations.

Such as one like this....

Pete

Repete
Qpid said:
I said he shouldn't have said it on t.v. like he was exempt from tragedy being a celeb because there were people far off in worse situations.

Hey defensive bigot. I just want to know your reasons for thinking blacks are lowlifes.

Whenever anyone posts that a particular person is a low life, looter, scum bag you read the post as "black lowlife", "black scumbag" and "blacks looter". Why is that? Do your black friends know that behind the sanctimonious smile you front that you think they are helpless dimwits who are low lifes?

nomoney

Qpid said:

Oh, well there are thousands in worse off situations then this couple...so are you saying it is or isn't okay for them to be biatching and moaning....(in public like brett did) I'm confused :confused:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Qpid said:

He said the same thing every single victim of this tragedy is probably saying to themselves. He's on tv b/c he is a celebrity, but there have been far more non-celeb's on news camera's saying the same things.

Pete

Repete
Qpid said:
the same reason Brett Favre said "why me"

they've been suffering for years.
Hey defensive bigot I just want to know your reasons for thinking blacks are lowlifes.

Whenever anyone posts that a particular person is a low life, looter, scum bag you read the post as "black lowlife", "black scumbag" and "blacks looter". Why is that? Do your black friends know that behind the sanctimonious smile you front that you think they are helpless dimwits who are low lifes?

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Katie said:
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9166350/

Jeez...it isn't like they got skipped over just because they are african americans. There are thousands of people that need help, it has nothing to do with color.

Yeah, I'm not sure why their skin color had anything to do with this story. :shrug: I was glad to see that they pointed out how some white folks had been nice to them too.

One other thing: The dad said he had enough and was moving to -- California? Fires, Earthquakes and Riots? I dunno, man you might reconsider that move.

christy217

People keep saying it's not a black or white issue, yeah right, two photos they showed on the news last night, one showed a black couple carrying pepsi and chips from a store and said looting still continues! The second couple, white, were carrying a loaf of bread and juice, the title read, people are shopping for basic necessities(sp) in times of crisis. Interesting, how that works, huh?

I don't agree with people stealing plasma tvs and nike shoes, but if I don't understand A). How some of these people didn't make appropriations, (i.e. a backpack with some bottled water, or at least a container with some faucet water in it to get you by, and possibly a can of food or something that wouldn't get wet, then B). If my child was starving and aid was not coming anytime soon, I would go into one of those stores, write an IOU, leave my name, address and information, and list what I took, to provide for what I could. If I was arrested, then at least I would know they were taking me somewhere, instead of sitting in the crappy superdome.

We, including, myself, can all sit here and speculate, but we're up here in dry Maryland, we don't know what these people are going through.

K

Katie

I have zero issues with people taking food. PEOPLE have to eat food, what I have a problem with is people stealing electronics.

I don't care what color people are, they shouldn't steal electronics in a place where there is NO electricity. Where are they going to plug it in, and how are they going to get it out of the city? It isn't like the busses are going to allow them to carry a tv onto the bus with them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
christy217 said:
I would go into one of those stores, write an IOU, leave my name, address and information, and list what I took
You wouldn't even have to do that. Not a single crumb of food or water is going to be salvageable by the time the store owner can come claim it anyway.

It's not the taking of food and water. It's the looting of the retail stores, like Katie said.

Toxick

Splat
christy217 said:
People keep saying it's not a black or white issue, yeah right, two photos they showed on the news last night, one showed a black couple carrying pepsi and chips from a store and said looting still continues! The second couple, white, were carrying a loaf of bread and juice, the title read, people are shopping for basic necessities(sp) in times of crisis. Interesting, how that works, huh.

It is interesting.

And if you want to see exactly how that works, check here.

Read the whole thing, mind.

Being open-minded, I'm sure you'll have no trouble understanding the two different viewpoints, and why they were expressed that way.

D

dems4me

vraiblonde said:
You wouldn't even have to do that. Not a single crumb of food or water is going to be salvageable by the time the store owner can come claim it anyway.

It's not the taking of food and water. It's the looting of the retail stores, like Katie said.

I say... what's the point... its all an insurance write off anyways... if folks are grabbing stuff they could use.. let them :shrug:

BuddyLee

Football addict
christy217 said:
People keep saying it's not a black or white issue, yeah right, two photos they showed on the news last night, one showed a black couple carrying pepsi and chips from a store and said looting still continues! The second couple, white, were carrying a loaf of bread and juice, the title read, people are shopping for basic necessities(sp) in times of crisis. Interesting, how that works, huh?

I don't agree with people stealing plasma tvs and nike shoes, but if I don't understand A). How some of these people didn't make appropriations, (i.e. a backpack with some bottled water, or at least a container with some faucet water in it to get you by, and possibly a can of food or something that wouldn't get wet, then B). If my child was starving and aid was not coming anytime soon, I would go into one of those stores, write an IOU, leave my name, address and information, and list what I took, to provide for what I could. If I was arrested, then at least I would know they were taking me somewhere, instead of sitting in the crappy superdome.

We, including, myself, can all sit here and speculate, but we're up here in dry Maryland, we don't know what these people are going through.
:killingme Good one!

dustin

UAIOE
Some people forget/don't realize that the New Orleans area has predominately African American citizens. I've found that the news media doesn't like to point that out too often. It's simply a matter of statistics. Speaking of which I havent heard one iota of any type of hard numbers as to what the latest census showed in that area...