Wider view of traffic vs Blind spot

Do you adjust your side mirrors to see....?

• Wider view of traffic behind you

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Detecting vehicles in your blind spot

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's more fun to " Roll Coal " when that happens.
And I ride, but I certainly can enjoy teaching the " new generation HD riders " lessons in driving dont's.
It's even better with those high humidity days with all that extra moisture in the exhaust.
It gives them that speckled pup look when the coal cloud clears up.

Well, you seem to be mean in a petty way and they're dumb asses. However, as I say, if they sit in anyones blind side they're asking for it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Maybe the Beltway isn't the place to experiment then. :lol: I've driven it for 30 years and the way some people drive on it still gets me nervous. Maybe I will try it coming into work at 4am when there is less traffic.

It's not an easy thing to get used to because it will make you feel like you're going to hit something. Just do it AND look a lot, build confidence slowly. That won't happen if you don't do it.

Tip; pay attention to what you see in your rear view mirror in relation to the new wider positioning of the side views. You should be able to see the emblem in the middle of a car (or whatever reference point catches your eye right away) coming up on you either left or right side AND be able to see at least a 3rd of the car or trucks front on that side as they transition from being behind you enough so you can only seen them in the rear view and into being able to see them in your side view. I think of it as a hand off from one mirror, the rear, being responsible for seeing them and handing it to that sides mirror but only when both can see at least some of the car or truck at the same time. That's when I know the mirrors are good, when it's close to a seamless view.

When you get used to it, you WILL be seeing much more than before. What most of us do now is seeing a blind spot, right along side of us, nothing can fit in anyway except maybe a bicycle or a person. So, as someone said, always looking is always good, too.

black dog

Free America
Well, you seem to be mean in a petty way and they're dumb asses. However, as I say, if they sit in anyones blind side they're asking for it.

It's certainly not as mean as those dual 10 ply Michelin's running over a shiny leather dressed newbie on his first motorcycle at 50+ years old and driving like a idiot.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's certainly not as mean as those dual 10 ply Michelin's running over a shiny leather dressed newbie on his first motorcycle at 50+ years old and driving like a idiot.

That's the OTHER choice??? If you're gonna gas him, by definition, you see him. Why not NOT run him over and NOT smoke his ass? Or are you suggesting he's only capable of understanding his predicament if you...help?

black dog

Free America
I would use the windshield washers squirters, but it doesn't have the same effect as when they are riding on my bumper.
Normally just veering over to the right some, they get it that those Michelin's will hurt.

You are way to serious on the internet Larry.
Besides Rolling Coal is only really fun when passing those 30 a$$hole bicyclists riding 4 wide that wouldn't let you pass for the last three miles while looking at you while laughing. That's when I lean forward and push that Holly water injection button.
Sometimes the circle completes itself. :lmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I would use the windshield washers squirters, but it doesn't have the same effect as when they are riding on my bumper.
Normally just veering over to the right some, they get it that those Michelin's will hurt.

You are way to serious on the internet Larry.
Besides Rolling Coal is only really fun when passing those 30 a$$hole bicyclists riding 4 wide that wouldn't let you pass for the last three miles while looking at you while laughing. That's when I lean forward and push that Holly water injection button.
Sometimes the circle completes itself. :lmao:

Nah. I'm just too old to think that sort of stuff is funny anymore. Sorta like some people are about humorous stuff with guns. :shrug:

black dog

Free America
Nah. I'm just too old to think that sort of stuff is funny anymore. Sorta like some people are about humorous stuff with guns. :shrug:

There is nothing humorous with poor or stupid safety habits doing anything.
Tell me would it be ok for someone to point a rifle at you like that picture shows?
Would you be good with that happening at the line when you were down range?
Somehow I don't believe you would be good with that.
Joking and actually doing stupid are not the same.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
There is nothing humorous with poor or stupid safety habits doing anything.
Tell me would it be ok for someone to point a rifle at you like that picture shows?
Would you be good with that happening at the line when you were down range?
Somehow I don't believe you would be good with that.
Joking and actually doing stupid are not the same.

The picture I saw didn't show the rifle pointed at anyone. It was aimed down range.

Point being you're OK with joking about running over a biker or smoking him, which could easily cause a crash, but your oxen, your line, stops at the range. I'm not OK with either but I can get a chuckle out of a picture on the internet just as you get a chuckle out of 'just kidding' about running someone over. You're just kidding about the truck thing but people do do that stupid ####. Just as idiots do do stupid stuff with guns. Given my choice, an obviously, to me, staged pic with a rifle and a gal with an incredible body amuses me more than rather detailed conversation about just kidding about running people over, smoking them and hosing them down. You, obviously, will differ. :buddies: