Widespread FB outage

PJay

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But because conspiracy theories are FUN

Aren't they?

But I have to come out and say that I'm against cyberterrorism and hacking, so if that is indeed what happened I strongly disapprove. And I also disapprove because FB is relatively harmless - if you want to experience a billion cultbots simultaneously screaming, take out Twitter.

We may need to start a support forum. :lmao:
To be honest, I feel most sorry for all the whipper-snappers who so diligently made all those FB photo albums through the years thinking they were 'scrape-booking' life's events for their future generations... they are all to young to remember all the money and time we spent converting the 8mm films to VHS only to finally be done and realize VHS was being discontinued. :burning:

I tried to warn some... :frown:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
To be honest, I feel most sorry for all the whipper-snappers who so diligently made all those FB photo albums through the years thinking they were 'scrape-booking' life's events for their future generations... they are all to young to remember all the money and time we spent converting the 8mm films to VHS only to finally be done and realize VHS was being discontinued. :burning:

I admit I got comfy and did the same. I was doing so good doing backups but hopefully all isn't lost. I do believe it will be a very long outage. Weeks!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Not to mention those who use a FB page as their business site instead of having one that they control. Cheap bastages. This is what they get.

I have all my travel pics on my laptop so FB can get wiped for all I care.

PJay

Hmmm

I dunno, just showing you what they share..not all of it..it's crazy there now with so much info I can't post it all.

Oh, there's been a lot of talk of calling this month "Red October".

Trump had called for days of prayer. Those days have ended so now they are calling it Red October. There are a lot of military aircraft flying above us, for days and months now. I dunno what they are doing..but it's busy up there.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
We may need to start a support forum. :lmao:
We need some kind of place, where people can post their everyday lives, with photos and videos....

I know! Let's create a social site called BookFace!!! No one has ever done anything like it before!!

Or better yet.... "Faced"!

black dog

Free America
There were loads of BGP route withdrawals for FaceHook's ASN several minutes before it and the rest of their sites stopped working for external and internal users. The root cause is likely a configuration change which was automated, as most of this infrastructure stuff is nowadays. Because of the change, no one has access to the routers to re-insert/re-publish the routes. These changes cannot be done anonymously, meaning the will have access to source IP addresses which introduced the change, and verify internally generated mistake.

But because conspiracy theories are FUN, note that this is precisely the sort of cyberattack the Space Force is mandated to do, ostensibly against other nations, but ...

And this just in: the Fed has reported a 174% increase in productivity among government workers.

Bestest most worthless Goolefoo any of your other mpds or you have ever posted...

musiclady

Mine came back up but it's glitchy and you can't check notifications or groups or saved posts. It just says "error performing query."