Wild hogs in Charles County

BernieP

Resident PIA
Why is this being treated as "cute"?

If they get established, and it looks like they are already, people will go nuts. They need to be eradicated now.
They eat anything, including humans. If they are really wild, they would be a danger to people and pets.
I didn't get to listen, curious of she tried to contact animal control or the state wildlife / natural resources officers.
Something tells me a hunt will be out of the question if it;s near housing. How many studies will it take?

nutz

If they get established, and it looks like they are already, people will go nuts. They need to be eradicated now.
She thinks it’s cute, but now wants to move to get away:crazy: and I noticed that she’s scared for the kids she doesn’t have

Chris0nllyn

Those look to be potbellied pigs too.

People, don't buy pets because they're cute, then drop them in the woods when they're not anymore.

Yeah, I'd want to get rid of these from my yard too....

officeguy

Pretty soon we'll have a situation like down south where some landowners make good money off the pig killing business and feed the population to keep the paying customers coming. Everyone around them has to deal with the fallout and the damage they create.

At this point, DNR considers this sounder to be 'escaped pets' and denies that Maryland has a reproducing feral pig population. The video suggests that this is a sow with a couple of younger pigs which to me sure looks like someone has already reproduced. Pigs dont need much to survive and we certainly have a climate conducive to feral pigs. This will be the 'day that lives in infamy' when it comes to the feral pig issue.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

10-4 ;-)

Just one caveat: it has to be legal to discharge whatever weapon you use in that location.
I'll volunteer to camp out with my crossbow and pick them off one at a time every other day. B-A-C-O-N. As long as it's within a 150 yard safety zone area of any building, or camp, occupied by humans.

Kinnakeet

It appears someones cut little piggy escaped and found a friend