Will Clinton Portis play this weekend?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
In bit of a surprise, Gibbs says Portis won't play Sunday

<TABLE class=bdy cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=770 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=5></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=bdy cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=770 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width=10></TD><TD width=440><!-- search:</noindex> --><SCRIPT> if(fanid.length > 0 && typeof(nflDefaultLeague)!= "undefined") { leagueId = nflDefaultLeague; //find teamId of default league (if exists) for(var i=0; i < teamsInfo.length; i++){ if(teamsInfo[4] == leagueId){ defaultTeamId = teamsInfo[0]; } } var fantasyLeaguePlayerJsPath = 'http://msn.foxsports.com' + '/nugget/200002_' + leagueId + '|||' + fanid; } </SCRIPT>ASHBURN, Va. (AP) - Washington Redskins coach Joe Gibbs ruled Clinton Portis out for Sunday's game against the Dallas Cowboys, an announcement that surprised Portis and created yet another twist in the running back's injury saga.

"He didn't practice today. ... If a guy doesn't practice, he's not going to play," Gibbs said. Gibbs said Ladell Betts, T.J. Duckett and Rock Cartwright will be the running backs against the Cowboys. Portis was downgraded from questionable to doubtful on the injury report, with Gibbs citing the pounding Portis took in the Monday night season opener against Minnesota.

Or, is it that he just won't start? :really:
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

BuddyLee

Football addict
I think he'll still play. Even Clinton said today that this game means too much for them to bench him.

If for some reason they do bench CP, I hope they give it to Duckett. I sure do loathe Betts, he can never seem to find those seams.:ohwell:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
BuddyLee said:
I think he'll still play. Even Clinton said today that this game means too much for them to bench him.

If for some reason they do bench CP, I hope they give it to Duckett. I sure do loathe Betts, he can never seem to find those seams.:ohwell:
Doesn't matter. They suck. :huggy:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Portis, Gibbs Differ on His Status

Coach Says He's Out, Back Says Maybe Not

By Howard Bryant
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, September 16, 2006; E01

Washington Redskins Coach Joe Gibbs said yesterday that running back Clinton Portis's status for tomorrow's game against the Dallas Cowboys would be downgraded to doubtful and that Ladell Betts would start. The announcement ushered in a new round of confusion regarding Portis's status as he recovers from a shoulder injury he suffered during the team's first preseason game more than a month ago.

"He didn't practice, so we'll probably downgrade him," Gibbs said. "It's really just because of soreness. We haven't been able to get the soreness out. It's actually in a different spot in his shoulder. I think it's an issue where he's got some soreness that lingered and kept him from practicing this week, so we'll downgrade him."

But for the second consecutive week, Gibbs and his star running back did not communicate the same message about his health. After practice, Portis expressed surprise when informed that he could be kept out of tomorrow's game.

"I can't do anything but tell you to wait until Sunday. This bag is going to Dallas," Portis said. "We've seen some miracle days happen. This isn't a situation for me not to be playing."

Portis said he felt that the Redskins coaches assumed he felt worse physically than last week. "I think that's what they're thinking, but man, I'll tell you, I eat gunpowder twice a day now," he said. "As long as I'm on this gunpowder, I think I'm going to be all right."<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169632

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
They seem to be at odds with each other:

"But for the second consecutive week, Gibbs and his star running back did not communicate the same message about his health. After practice, Portis expressed surprise when informed that he could be kept out of tomorrow's game."

"I can't do anything but tell you to wait until Sunday. This bag is going to Dallas," Portis said. "We've seen some miracle days happen. This isn't a situation for me not to be playing."

Drama in the Redskin's locker room! :jameo:

This ought to be one hell of a weekend! :popcorn: