William Shatner, 90, is headed to space

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And this is where the Statement Of Work is soooooo important. Vrai, you need to specify that you want to come back alive.

That may not be important. If I could go to the Moon that would certainly be the ultimate end of my bucket list. Even just orbit the Earth. If they said, "You can come orbit the Earth but you won't come back alive"....man, I'd have to think about that.

But it has to be a good ride. Not one of these lamer deals.

Reactions: BOP

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
William Shatner's Blue Origin launch on New Shepard: Live updates

William Shatner, the actor who portrayed Captain Kirk on the original "Star Trek" TV series and films will launch into space on Oct. 12, 2021 aboard Blue Origin's New Shepard spacecraft. Liftoff is set for 9:30 a.m. EDT (1330 GMT) from Blue Origin's Launch Site One in West Texas with Shatner and three others aboard.

See the latest updates of Blue Origin's William Shatner launch here.

William Shatner is weighing in on his upcoming launch into space on Blue Origin's New Shepard rocket next week, and apparently the 90-year-old Trek actor is thrilled.

"We talk about space and what weightless conditions are, the enormity of the universe and the absolute jewel of a little thing we call the Earth by comparison," Shatner told NBC's Today Show this morning. "I'm going to feel that with the same enormity that I felt this electrical storm last night."

You can watch the interview above, courtesy of the Today Show.

Shatner will launch on a suborbital flight aboard New Shepard on Oct. 12 from Blue Origin's Launch Site One near Van Horn, Texas. He will fly with three other passengers, including two paying customers for Blue Origin. The flight will make Shatner the oldest person to fly in space.

Got to thinking about Captain Kirks record with damage and destruction to his ships... He might not be the best person to have on this mission! :lmao:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Grumpy

It was an entertaining show, albeit a short run.
Funny, the premise of that show would have interested me, I don't know why I didn't know about it. Thinking back to the late 70s, I was single and pretty much out every night of the week doing something, bowling, darts, barhopping..lol

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Funny, the premise of that show would have interested me, I don't know why I didn't know about it. Thinking back to the late 70s, I was single and pretty much out every night of the week doing something, bowling, darts, barhopping..lol
That’s one of those lost shows, that I wish they’d release DVDs.

There are so many they just never get shown again.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I wish they’d release DVDs.

gemma_rae

Where does Space begin?