WIN10 Push

John Z

if you will
Ya lost me... :lol:

Apparently, many folks, after having gone through all the crazy issues involved in the Win10 "push", were actually "pushed" the wrong version of the software that wasn't properly configured. Soooo, those folks have to have their machines "re-imaged" with the correct NMCI version. Yay for them. :-D

warneckutz

Apparently, many folks, after having gone through all the crazy issues involved in the Win10 "push", were actually "pushed" the wrong version of the software that wasn't properly configured. Soooo, those folks have to have their machines "re-imaged" with the correct NMCI version. Yay for them. :-D

^ THIS :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Gotcha. I think I am one of the few that wasn't wiped out. Although, I do have to do some digging to find my files that were not saved to my desktop. Minor inconvenience compared to what others have had to endure. That being said, I'll live without Pandora and stream radio instead.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Why is a computer used in Church? :confused:

I haven't ever attended Church, so this is a legit question...

We use it to project the order of service up on the wall. We do it to make the service more accessible to visitors. There was a study done a while back that visitors not familiar with liturgical-type services, were intimidated by the idea of holding a book and leafing through pages. Many of those visitors would not return.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
We use it to project the order of service up on the wall. We do it to make the service more accessible to visitors. There was a study done a while back that visitors not familiar with liturgical-type services, were intimidated by the idea of holding a book and leafing through pages. Many of those visitors would not return.

Thank you for the explanation. :yay:

MiddleGround

Didn't think you were supposed to stream anything on an NMCI computer. At least, that is how it was when I was active.

Are there different rules for civilians??

PeoplesElbow

Didn't think you were supposed to stream anything on an NMCI computer. At least, that is how it was when I was active.

Are there different rules for civilians??

Sort of, NAVAIR does have a youtube channel and they invite us to view the videos through email. At one point they were sending out the emails about "go watch this video" but then when you tried it was blocked.

MiddleGround

Sort of, NAVAIR does have a youtube channel and they invite us to view the videos through email. At one point they were sending out the emails about "go watch this video" but then when you tried it was blocked.

I could see that. Kind of like how they have access to Facebook because it is a good recruiting tool.

But, I was wondering specifically about unrelated sites that detract from work. Like Pandora or other music/video streming services. What is to stop someone from using DirectV streaming or HBO GO??

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I could see that. Kind of like how they have access to Facebook because it is a good recruiting tool.

But, I was wondering specifically about unrelated sites that detract from work. Like Pandora or other music/video streming services. What is to stop someone from using DirectV streaming or HBO GO??

I can work just fine with very low music playing in the background. I have no desire to watch TV or movies at work.