WIN10 Push

littlelady

God bless the USA
Not accusing, I’m certain you’re on some type of pharmaceutical protocol. No idea who Hannibal is, and yes I know you’re name is Robin because you put it in your rambling PM’s. Yea I’m up at 6am I wake up at 0430 7 days a week out of habit, the difference is I had an excellent nights sleep while you’ve been scouring the forums all night. My problem with you is that you’re bat#### crazy and you spew your nonsenses on every single post on this site, no matter how irrelevant to the OP.

You are such a coward, but, anyway, the only pill I take is Fosomax. Look it up. And, you need to have an open mind, instead of swallowing the crap that is posted on this forum. As in, be your own person. I wish you a wonderful Friday, and Memorial Day. :patriot:

I forgot to say my beverage of choice is Dr. Pepper, and I drink entirely too much of it. :smile:

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Just because you are present for 8 hours doesn't mean that a lunch break is deserved.

Again You don't know WTF you are talking about
I'm Like the Maytag Repair Man, Paid to sit around until some thing breaks, requiring I fix it

Mandated by who? I might take 1 lunch break a month..

I am here 7 - 1600 ... I get paid for 8 hrs and am required to take an hour for lunch [since I have to be here until 1600]

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I'm Like the Maytag Repair Man, Paid to sit around until some thing breaks, requiring I fix it

I am here 7 - 1600 ... I get paid for 8 hrs and am required to take an hour for lunch [since I have to be here until 1600]

MGs required to meet up with Tranny and Sappy before they all go to the welfare office for their checks.

Last edited:

MR47930

Thought you were insinuating that a lunch break was required by law or something. Sucks that companies require you to take time off for lunch. I’d much rather eat in 5 minutes and spend that hour at home.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Thought you were insinuating that a lunch break was required by law or something.

well they tell me, they are require to give me / make me take 'a lunch' [fortune 500 company]
I just happen to have a 1 hr one

Sucks that companies require you to take time off for lunch. I’d much rather eat in 5 minutes and spend that hour at home.

thing is I NEVER leave the site ...and eat lunch at my desk

when I worked at a theme park up the road, my shift was a flat 8 hrs ... again I never left the site, nor my desk most of the time.
so 7-1500 and a 20 - 35 min commute ... I was Home by 1530 every day ... that and PTO are the only things I miss about that JOB

Clem72

Whether you work for the gov, or are a contractor for the gov, it is well known that those are cushy jobs. Period. It doesn’t matter when y’all eat meals, or post on a forum during work.

Tell that to the guy pushing a weed whacker in the sun all day for $11/hr.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

GS employees are required to take a 30 min. lunch, for an 8 hr. or 9 hr. day.

MR47930

Shh don’t tell my boss, I haven’t taken a lunch break in 10 years and I’m a GS employee. Obviously that’s not entirely true, maybe once a month and the occasional “going away” event. In those extremely rare circumstances I do stay in the office later. 9 days out of 10 though I eat and work and after 9 hours, I’m on the road.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Tell that to the guy pushing a weed whacker in the sun all day for $11/hr.

I am assuming you are referring to my SIL. He attended Gonzaga in DC and grad from University of Maryland. Then went to work for a lighting company that does gov contract jobs, the Kennedy Center, and the like. He didn’t want to sit behind a desk, anymore, and wanted to be outside. He owns a landscaping co., now, makes a lot more than 11/hr, and is very happy weedwhacking, and such. You are such a Clem. You’re welcome. :smile

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Clem

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
Decrypt started Teusday afternoon. Win 10 push was wrapping up Wed morning. Was complete Thursday morning. All my files, all my documents, everything intact.

MiddleGround

well they tell me, they are require to give me / make me take 'a lunch' [fortune 500 company]
thing is I NEVER leave the site ...and eat lunch at my desk

Didn't know internet spamming was a product of a Fortune 500 company :shrug:

Clem72

I am assuming you are referring to my SIL. He attended Gonzaga in DC and grad from University of Maryland. Then went to work for a lighting company that does gov contract jobs, the Kennedy Center, and the like. He didn’t want to sit behind a desk, anymore, and wanted to be outside. He owns a landscaping co., now, makes a lot more than 11/hr, and is very happy weedwhacking, and such. You are such a Clem. You’re welcome. :smile

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Clem

Not that there is much sense replying to you, guess i want to prove my Clem namesake, but there is a difference between a small business owner who does government jobs (like my good friend Critter who paints on base) and an hourly employee working a menial job as a contractor on base. And while it has been a couple years since i retired, i know for a fact our custodian and the two guys that cut the grass in front of our building made less than that at the time (came up at the smoking gazebo while we were all talking about the occupy walstreet protest).

You can now go back to pounding Ambien and misunderstanding my points.

Clem72

Actually the opposite of true, most WG employees are covered by FLSA and as such a lunch period is written into their employment contract unless they have special circumstances (like fire/ems).

Most GS employees are FLSA exempt and it's up to the employing agencies discretion to set policy. There is no blanket rule for GS and you are free to set an alternate work schedule that does not include a lunch. Even at NAVAIR (though this is supposed to be a formal schedule, not an "i worked through lunch today so I'm going home early" type of deal)

MiddleGround

Actually the opposite of true, most WG employees are covered by FLSA and as such a lunch period is written into their employment contract unless they have special circumstances (like fire/ems).

Most GS employees are FLSA exempt and it's up to the employing agencies discretion to set policy. There is no blanket rule for GS and you are free to set an alternate work schedule that does not include a lunch. Even at NAVAIR (though this is supposed to be a formal schedule, not an "i worked through lunch today so I'm going home early" type of deal)

I think it depends on the type of work done that determines the schedule. For example, I have a GS neighbor that is gone by 6am and is home no earlier than 6pm. M-F with alternate Fridays off. In contrast, I have another GS neighbor (same wage grade) that is gone no earlier than 8am and is home NLT 4pm with same Fridays off.

Also have a contractor neighbor that is a secretary type that leaves at 7:30am and is home by 3pm everyday with Fridays off.

Something just doesn't add up! None of them are part time and they all take lunch breaks!