WIN10 Push

PeoplesElbow

I think it depends on the type of work done that determines the schedule. For example, I have a GS neighbor that is gone by 6am and is home no earlier than 6pm. M-F with alternate Fridays off. In contrast, I have another GS neighbor (same wage grade) that is gone no earlier than 8am and is home NLT 4pm with same Fridays off.

Also have a contractor neighbor that is a secretary type that leaves at 7:30am and is home by 3pm everyday with Fridays off.

Something just doesn't add up! None of them are part time and they all take lunch breaks!

There are a lot of places that let you take long lunches as long as you work your 9 hr/day. I have known quite a few people that go to the gym every day for a couple hrs, some do work their 9 hrs, some don't. Some people are simply required to be there during a core time because they don't work an assembly line, they have to be there for certain things. I had a team leader one time that was never around to be found, he got caught charging time for not actually being at work and he was fired.

I have to work around a flight schedule, my normal hrs are 06:30 to 16:00 but many times I have to work through lunch so I can leave at 15:30, some times I have to come in at 05:00, those days I will usually leave at 15:00. Some days I end up staying over several hours.

We are not required to take a lunch as far as I know, but each branch has its own rules.

MiddleGround

There are a lot of places that let you take long lunches as long as you work your 9 hr/day. I have known quite a few people that go to the gym every day for a couple hrs, some do work their 9 hrs, some don't.

Thanks for the post!

The neighbor who does the 6 to 6 days does not work out. He is there at work for the entire time (except lunch sometimes) When I asked him why he is there for that long, he just replied "That's the job."

I asked if he is getting OT for the extra hours and he said "I wish!"

Some do work their butts off. Others get a free ride.