Windows 10 and Wireless Ethernet Connection Issues

stgislander

PREMO Member
Has anyone that's purchased a new/refurbished Windows 10 laptop recently, noticed that the wireless Ethernet device has issues either not connecting or not coming back online after waking up from sleep mode?

My wife has a new HP and I have a refurbished Toughbook, both with Windows 10, that will not reconnect to wireless Ethernet when it wakes back up. My wife has to either run the networking Troubleshooter or reboot the laptop. I have to toggle the Wireless Ethernet On/Off switch to get mine to come back to life.

Gilligan has a refurbished Dell laptop with Windows 10 that, after connecting to our office wireless Ethernet once, absolutely refused to connect to it again. (That may be unrelated.)

I've been searching the Internet, and it seems like a lot of people are experiencing these problems. Most answers say to update the wireless Ethernet device driver, but that doesn't always fix it (at least for me). A few answers I've read from supposed Microsoft experts suggest to keep rolling back the Windows OS updates until you find something that works.

This just seems like a strange problem to have across multiple platforms.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Havent' seen that one, but I had an issue where multiple devices would lose the wi-fi connection randomly and it had to manually restore.

The wireless router was replaced and it stopped.