Wintec Cair system saddles

DeeCee

A horse of course!
This is an awesome saddle!

Elam is carrying them, and with some minor customizations by him (swapped out the gullet, added some padding under the pommel and midsection to raise the front some) the dressage model works beautifully even for gaited horses. Most English saddles position the rider too far forward over the shoulder but the dressage style is perfect.

CAIR® Cushion System : What is CAIR®?

The saddles are moderately priced, the dressage with customizations was just shy of $600.00. Both horse and rider love it.

The sheepskin pad slips backwards due to the back and forth motion of the gait. Anyone have suggestions on a saddle pad for it? She doesn't like the ones at Elam's and wants a zebra striped one.

Attachments

• river-in-wintec.jpg
    river-in-wintec.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 159

nutz

The tack shop on north ryceville road may have something. they custom made our saddle for less than that.

highnote

The wintec sadles with CAIR are great. I have actually have one for sale if anyone is interested (see SOMD link below):

FOR SALE: Wintec Synthetic AP Saddle- 17.5" seat, black, interchangeable gullets, CAIR

Wintec 2000 Synthetic AP Saddle
Has interchangeable gullets (comes with black gullet, medium tree, but can be changed easily for more narrow or wider)
Has internal CAIR air panel system
Has repositionable & removable knee blocks
Comes with matching black leathers (extra long)
Comes with black flex hinged stirrup irons
Comes with black nylon fitted cover
17.5" seat
Excellent condition!!
$550

Advertisement - Pets & Animals

Attachments

• BestSaddleCropped.jpg
    BestSaddleCropped.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 100

DeeCee

A horse of course!
The tack shop on north ryceville road may have something. they custom made our saddle for less than that.
While i like their leather work over all, I don't care for the saddles he makes. The trees are pretty much standard trees, which aren't adequate for the mechanics of a gaited horse - which is different for every breed and every individual horse. I've also seen several draft horses with poor fitting saddles that were 'custom' made by them.

This horse is especially difficult to fit and even my Bob Marshall treeless saddles didn't fit him due to his high wither, big shoulders and back structure. This one did the trick - no more sore back!

Glad my thread could be of use to you highnote.