winter time blues...

paintedpony1234

Horsey Girl
so to avoid going crazy this winter, what are some annual winter shows?

is De La Brooke Pony Club doing indoor dressage shows?

is Lucky Cricket doing dressage shows?

has anyone done the shows at Equilibrium Horse Center?

what about the shows at Frying Pan Park?

any other suggestions??

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
While not shows I plan on getting some clinics organized. Dressage, cross country, hunter, etc with different trainers and at different facilities. I'll keep you in the loop. :)

MissPrissy

I was asking my friend the same thing today whether or not there are any winter shows.
All I know is that there are dressage shows over the winter but I don't think I could do dressage. :(
I am just now getting back into the swing of things and wanting to show real bad. Sadly I missed the show on Sunday at OakRidge. After trying for over an hour, my horse refused to get on the horse trailer. What a bummer. :(

I too would love to know if there are any shows over the winter. :smile:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I was asking my friend the same thing today whether or not there are any winter shows.
All I know is that there are dressage shows over the winter but I don't think I could do dressage. :(
I am just now getting back into the swing of things and wanting to show real bad. Sadly I missed the show on Sunday at OakRidge. After trying for over an hour, my horse refused to get on the horse trailer. What a bummer. :(

I too would love to know if there are any shows over the winter. :smile:

If you have an english saddle you can do dressage. :) There are a bunch of different tests from walk trot all the way up to grand prix. At the lower levels (intro and training especially) the focus is on a relaxed, willing horse. It's a great experience for you both.

The tests get updated every couple of years and 2011 marks the beginning of the new tests, check them out here: http://www.pvda.org/Dressage%20Tests/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=/Dressage%20Tests/USEF%202011%20Dressage%20Tests&FolderCTID=&View={3402A29A-E70E-4A2F-951E-D85021DE51F2}

If that link doesn't work try this one: Latest News and Recent Events - 2011 USEF Dressage Tests on PVDA Web Site...

fredsaid2

so to avoid going crazy this winter, what are some annual winter shows?

is De La Brooke Pony Club doing indoor dressage shows?

is Lucky Cricket doing dressage shows?

has anyone done the shows at Equilibrium Horse Center?

what about the shows at Frying Pan Park?

any other suggestions??

Equilibrium is a good choice. Lots of room for trailers. Indoor is small but I think they hold the shows in the outdoor ring now.

Duckz

TWA does hunter and jumper shows at Hazelwild all winter. Fredericksburg isn't too far away. I plan on doing some of the jumper shows.

MissPrissy

If you have an english saddle you can do dressage. :) There are a bunch of different tests from walk trot all the way up to grand prix. At the lower levels (intro and training especially) the focus is on a relaxed, willing horse. It's a great experience for you both.

The tests get updated every couple of years and 2011 marks the beginning of the new tests, check them out here: http://www.pvda.org/Dressage%20Tests/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=/Dressage%20Tests/USEF%202011%20Dressage%20Tests&FolderCTID=&View={3402A29A-E70E-4A2F-951E-D85021DE51F2}

If that link doesn't work try this one: Latest News and Recent Events - 2011 USEF Dressage Tests on PVDA Web Site...

Oh thank you! :) I do ride English. Maybe it would be a good expierence. Thanks!

devinej

yeah do some dressage! the lower levels are very basic and good for you and your horse.

so...clinics...anyone have any suggestions? what do you want? i can try to host something

Eventer29

For someone just getting a horse or rider out for experience we have little schooling shows at Riverview Stables. We dont have dates set yet. Have a little of everything. Western, english, hunter, jumper and speed classes. Lots of fun!

We would love if someone set up a dressage clinic, XC or hunter/jumper, just about anything!
In early spring we may try to set up an eventing clinic. Dressage and gymnastics one day and stadium and XC the next. Would be mainly for my students but also open to the public. Will prob go up to novice-training. Clinician will be a friend of mine who currently competes at CCI* and CCI**

Last edited: