"Wisdom's Rebuke"

Starman3000m

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom...
(Proverbs 111:10)

Wisdom’s Rebuke (NIV)

Out in the open wisdom calls aloud, she raises her voice in the public square;
on top of the wall she cries out, at the city gate she makes her speech:
“How long will you who are simple love your simple ways? How long will mockers delight in mockery and fools hate knowledge?

Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you,
I will make known to you my teachings.

But since you refuse to listen when I call and no one pays attention when I stretch out my hand, since you disregard all my advice and do not accept my rebuke,

I in turn will laugh when disaster strikes you; I will mock when calamity overtakes you when calamity overtakes you like a storm, when disaster sweeps over you like a whirlwind, when distress and trouble overwhelm you.

“Then they will call to me but I will not answer; they will look for me but will not find me, since they hated knowledge and did not choose to fear the LORD.

Since they would not accept my advice and spurned my rebuke, they will eat the fruit of their ways and be filled with the fruit of their schemes. For the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them;

but whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm."
(Proverbs 1:20-33)
Proverbs 1:20-33 NIV - Wisdom

I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
(Proverbs 8:17)

Last edited:

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Excellent.

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom...
(Proverbs 111:10)

I just want to say that the "fear of the LORD" / fear of Yahweh, does not really mean to be afraid of God.

What it means is to have a fear of doing wrong, as like we are not to fear our parents or to fear our Father because our parents and our Father God is to be loved and not feared.

The fear comes only when we do wrong, and even then it does not mean to fear making mistakes or fear being fooled or a fear based on any injustice or any untruth and not to fear the punishment either, because the real Father God (Yahweh Elohim) is not threatening us as he is a loving parent trying to raise His children rightly.

To fear God is like the fear of a lie, because we know when we lie that it is wrong and that inner fear is the fear of God. Of course many people go ahead and lie anyway because they do not have that fear of God.

The same is as like for stealing, in that we always know that stealing is wrong and we always fear being exposed or caught and that fear is the fear of God, because Yahweh Elohim / the Father God is the God of righteousness and it is God who tells us the difference between right from wrong as any loving parents would do.

No one needs to be afraid of the real God, unless we willfully do wrong.

And it does NOT mean that our loving Father God will then burn people in some mythical Hell - no, and so people who fear being sent to a Hell are just having a nonsense type of fear, as like a threat from a monster, and threats of violent cruelties do not come from our real loving Father God.

Link = "Surely the fear of God is not in this place;"

2 Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Link = "Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?"

Link = God chastises His children for our profit.

:whistle:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I just want to say that the "fear of the LORD" / fear of Yahweh, does not really mean to be afraid of God.

What it means is to have a fear of doing wrong, as like we are not to fear our parents or to fear our Father because our parents and our Father God is to be loved and not feared.

The fear comes only when we do wrong, and even then it does not mean to fear making mistakes or fear being fooled or a fear based on any injustice or any untruth and not to fear the punishment either, because the real Father God (Yahweh Elohim) is not threatening us as he is a loving parent trying to raise His children rightly.

To fear God is like the fear of a lie, because we know when we lie that it is wrong and that inner fear is the fear of God. Of course many people go ahead and lie anyway because they do not have that fear of God.

The same is as like for stealing, in that we always know that stealing is wrong and we always fear being exposed or caught and that fear is the fear of God, because Yahweh Elohim / the Father God is the God of righteousness and it is God who tells us the difference between right from wrong as any loving parents would do.

No one needs to be afraid of the real God, unless we willfully do wrong.

And it does NOT mean that our loving Father God will then burn people in some mythical Hell - no, and so people who fear being sent to a Hell are just having a nonsense type of fear, as like a threat from a monster, and threats of violent cruelties do not come from our real loving Father God.

Link = "Surely the fear of God is not in this place;"

2 Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Link = "Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?"

Link = God chastises His children for our profit.

:whistle:

Everything you said is cool, until you addressed Hell. On that point we differ. Also, we need to be sure we're clear that salvation isn't the result of deeds, but of faith.

VoteJP

J.P. Cusick
Excellent.

Everything you said is cool, until you addressed Hell. On that point we differ. Also, we need to be sure we're clear that salvation isn't the result of deeds, but of faith.

If a person is following God out of their fear of a Hell then that is a sick and unhealthy kind of fear or faith.

People everywhere need to be saved from assorted sins, and not to be saved from a Hell.

Being saved by deeds and works is super important in this world, as in each person must do our own repentance and making amends for our wrongs - because faith without work or deeds is a dead faith, per James 2:14-26, and "shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works." KJV.

You are correct that salvation after death is not the result of deeds or of works because "eternal life" is a free gift of God, Romans 6:23, but it would be senseless to be saved from some afterlife in a Hell without factually being saved from the sins of here and now by doing the works and the deeds accordingly.

:coffee: