Wish I was at WIHS. How was it???

razzle1127

Sorry to be a bummer but i thought it SUCKED

ahhh i went last night for the "wall jump" part and thought it sucked. there were 7 riders which was a small amount and the first 3 horses knocked a rail on other fences and were out, one guy made it over the wall 2x's i think and backed out so there were only 3 horses in the jump off which didnt get very far at all. i swear it lasted maybe 30 mins and it was over.

the dancing horse chick in her wedding dress was awful in my opinion. i just think the WIHS is not what it used to be.

The dressage ride was the best part of the show for me, margie engle knocked a rail in her first jump so she went out early too.

I dont think you missed much. i wish i hadnt spent the money on it.

Duckz

It was amazing today! We saw the jr. jumpers, open jumper relay, WIHS equitation jumper phase and test, crazy chiffon (sp?) lady, dressage rider, terrier races, and 100k grand prix. Crazy chiffon lady was a JOKE, I can't imagine why the WIHS folks thought she should be a featured act every night :coffee: Other than that it was a great time, lots of really good riding. We were sitting five feet away from Bruce Springsteen and family for the afternoon divisions :faint: I usually don't go to WIHS because I can see a lot of the same stuff for free at the Capital Challenge, but I'm really glad I went this year :yahoo:

devinej

well duckz and i had fun! we went up sat. afternoon, caught the junior jumpers, the relay jumpers (awesome!) and the jumper phase of the equiation finals. was fun to watch. and yes we were sitting about 5 feet from bruce springsteen. for real.

then the top 10 eq riders switched horses, saw some nice rounds. samantha schaefer was definitly very good, deserved her win. chase boggio was awesome too.

the chiffon lady SUCKED. what a JOKE. she made me want to puke it was so bad. seriously, she was wearing a skanky white outfit, long lining (badly) her horse with chiffon fabric run like side reins through a surcingle, has his nose cranked in and the horse looked miserable. then she let him go and he ran away from her....she got on him and proceeded to wrap the chiffon thingys which were still run through the surcingle to the bit, around her arms, and held her hands up in the air (as if to say, look! no hands!) even though she was clearily using a TON of leverage on the poor horse. did some very bad "dressage" and was very crooked and over bent. OMG i wanted to puke.

then fortunately ashley holzer of the canadian dressage olympic team saved the day and performed a nice GP freestyle.

terrier races were awesome as usual.

and the Grand Prix! the course was apparently very hard! only 4 of 29 riders made it to the jump off! Todd Minicus, kate Levy and Mario somebody, mclain had a rail were the top three in that order. also there was pessoa, margie engle, jayne, mcrea, bloomberg, farington, and plenty of others.

jumpergirl976

well duckz and i had fun! we went up sat. afternoon, caught the junior jumpers, the relay jumpers (awesome!) and the jumper phase of the equiation finals. was fun to watch. and yes we were sitting about 5 feet from bruce springsteen. for real.

then the top 10 eq riders switched horses, saw some nice rounds. samantha schaefer was definitly very good, deserved her win. chase boggio was awesome too.

the chiffon lady SUCKED. what a JOKE. she made me want to puke it was so bad. seriously, she was wearing a skanky white outfit, long lining (badly) her horse with chiffon fabric run like side reins through a surcingle, has his nose cranked in and the horse looked miserable. then she let him go and he ran away from her....she got on him and proceeded to wrap the chiffon thingys which were still run through the surcingle to the bit, around her arms, and held her hands up in the air (as if to say, look! no hands!) even though she was clearily using a TON of leverage on the poor horse. did some very bad "dressage" and was very crooked and over bent. OMG i wanted to puke.

then fortunately ashley holzer of the canadian dressage olympic team saved the day and performed a nice GP freestyle.

terrier races were awesome as usual.

and the Grand Prix! the course was apparently very hard! only 4 of 29 riders made it to the jump off! Todd Minicus, kate Levy and Mario somebody, mclain had a rail were the top three in that order. also there was pessoa, margie engle, jayne, mcrea, bloomberg, farington, and plenty of others.

i thought it was pretty cool how that one horse almost cleared the 6'10 thats so amazing. it was my first time going it was awesome.

SugarNSpikes

I was incredibly disappointed. 3 out of 29 riders made it to the "Jump off" of the Grand Prix. Everyone was getting nailed on that Animal Planet [second to last] jump.

The younger riders were more exciting to watch.

And that stupid woman with the paint. Ohmygod. MY horse can do that and he doesn't act up and look stupid when doing it either. The only thing he can't do is bow, but if I wanted to teach him, it could happen. Everyone sitting around me said the same thing. The only cool thing was the terriers and how they all crashed into the hay bales and Ashley Holzer.. but even her horse had some problems.

Here's a quick re-cap: YouTube - Washington International Horse Show 2009