With a possible second Cold War

limblips

PREMO Member
I have decided to sell my 1960's personal bomb shelter. No low ballers, I know what I have.

1647298492849.png

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If it had a cup hol...I mean ink well, I would make an offer.
The elementary school that I attended up in Howard County was built in the early 30s as a 1-12 school. In the bowels of the basement, where the big heating boilers were, were stacks and stacks of the original student desks, complete with the hole for the ink well. The school was demolished in the late 70s....I wonder what happened to all the junk in the basement.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I have a few of these from a fallout shelter cleared out about 35 years ago.

291afc7c729921a036bacdae03641d14.jpg

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....

I remember those.... our high school rifle range was actually the fallout shelter, and there were a number of these stacked up against the wall.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Time to reopen all those closed SAC bases! B-52's back on alert with nukes strapped under their wings. Miss those days heating water sitting on alert with KC-135A's.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
There is a tv series, American Restoration, and in one show they did a refurbish of one of those detectors. Apparently the tube in the wand goes bad. They did get it repaired, but I don't remember if the tube was replaced or re-energized.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I remember those.... our high school rifle range was actually the fallout shelter, and there were a number of these stacked up against the wall.
I’ve got a couple of those, mostly saved them for the commode instructions.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I’ve got a couple of those, mostly saved them for the commode instructions.
I’ve got two storing some stuff in a corner of the basement and another functioning as a trashcan next to my desk.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

I have a complete and "running when parked" Onan civil defense generator from the 60s. It's an air cooled 4-cylinder gasoline engine....and noisy as hell. I've got it mounted on the back of an old pickup truck.

Last edited:

SamSpade

You know - I've never seen most of this stuff, but it all called to mind something I have NOT seen since I was a kid ---

Fallout shelter signs throughout the city. I'd totally forgotten about them.