With thanks

SailorGirl

I've been in this area off and on for over twenty years now. I don't go out very often, no one to go with. In the last couple of months - I've managed to meet a couple of people on the forum and made what I think has the potential to be real friends for the first time in forever. Anyone who has ever read what I've written on the forum would probably know that I'm a bit of a klutz and I excel at breaking things that I'll never be able to fix. I might have unconsciously been asking for help when I posted, but I don't think I've ever outright asked for it.

I found out it didn't make any difference whether I asked for help or not. Turns out I got it. And I'm not going to mention any names, they know who they are. I'm simply going to say that without saying a word, a handful of people from this forum came out of the woodworks, one in particular, and not only volunteered their services, actually followed through with it. And there's not a thing in the world that I can do to pay them back and they knew that, but helped me anyway.

This is southern Maryland to me and all the extraordinarily kind people that make up the forum and go out of their way to help. You know who you - if there's ever anything I can do - please count me in.

Last edited:
Ok, the good news: The main functions of the dryer work fine. All the safety switches are working, timer is fine. Got it to spin up, makes heat, ran it for 10 minutes.
Bad news: the motor doesn't sound healthy. Strains to spin up when cold. Once it runs for a few minutes and gets hot, the motor tries but won't spin up. Could be something simple like a bad capacitor, or a failing motor. Exploratory surgery tomorrow.

SailorGirl

Ok, the good news: The main functions of the dryer work fine. All the safety switches are working, timer is fine. Got it to spin up, makes heat, ran it for 10 minutes.
Bad news: the motor doesn't sound healthy. Strains to spin up when cold. Once it runs for a few minutes and gets hot, the motor tries but won't spin up. Could be something simple like a bad capacitor, or a failing motor. Exploratory surgery tomorrow.
You're the best - you really are...

littlelady

God bless the USA
More like midnight
I see you are still awake, too. Lithium? That is for bipolar disorder. I have not been diagnosed with that. Have you? I am very consistent on how I feel about things on this forum. And, to stay on topic, I am glad that SG has has had positive experiences on this forum. I have, too; for the most part. I’ll hang with the best of them. And, I have met many members over my years here. Awesome. However, the one thing I loathe the most is clueless hypocrites In any phase of my life. Happy foruming. 😄

Last edited:

SailorGirl

I see you are still awake, too. Lithium? That is for bipolar disorder. I have not been diagnosed with that. Have you? I am very consistent on how I feel about things on this forum. And, to stay on topic, I am glad that SG has has had positive experiences on this forum. I have, too; for the most part. I’ll hang with the best of them. And, I have met many members over my years here. Awesome. However, the one thing I loathe the most is clueless hypocrites In any phase of my life. Happy foruming. 😄
Take the high road on occasion LL. It's a nice change of scenery.

Last edited: