Traffic Rant with two titles

BernieP

Resident PIA
Title 1. To the ignorant skank in the gold toyota minivan.
Title 2. The total package of ignorance

You can't accelerate to even close to the speed limit, you side with two wheels in the shoulder of the road and then you ignorant ass, you don't come to a stop at the red light, you just roll on thru.

Is your little blondeness so privileged that you that you feel you can do what you want on the highways?

BTW, the two decals in the rear window would lead me to believe you are a M#######

3CATSAILOR

We have all heard of "road rage". But leave it up to some people to start a new phenomena called "cyber road rage". Now that truly takes special people. I can see your anger in your post. If that young lady, or older lady, whomever it was stopped and talked to you, what would you have done? I can see your anger in your post said. Sure, perhaps the lady cut you off, or she was driving too slow, etc. But, take a deep breathe and move on. Road rage of any type accomplishes nothing. But, if venting on line helps you, it is better to vent here than on our highways. If you do it on our highways, I assure you, our police will arrest you.

inkah

We have all heard of "road rage". But leave it up to some people to start a new phenomena called "cyber road rage". Now that truly takes special people. I can see your anger in your post. If that young lady, or older lady, whomever it was stopped and talked to you, what would you have done? I can see your anger in your post said. Sure, perhaps the lady cut you off, or she was driving too slow, etc. But, take a deep breathe and move on. Road rage of any type accomplishes nothing. But, if venting on line helps you, it is better to vent here than on our highways. If you do it on our highways, I assure you, our police will arrest you.
So let me get this straight... Last week police were arresting little kids for skateboarding and before that for protecting each other from an abusive parent. This week they are arresting people for being angry with idiots. Help us all.

thurley42

HY;FR

Venting online is hardly a new phenomena...stop trying to make it more than it is......

Restitution

Title 1. To the ignorant skank in the gold toyota minivan.
Title 2. The total package of ignorance

You can't accelerate to even close to the speed limit, you side with two wheels in the shoulder of the road and then you ignorant ass, you don't come to a stop at the red light, you just roll on thru.

Is your little blondeness so privileged that you that you feel you can do what you want on the highways?

BTW, the two decals in the rear window would lead me to believe you are a M#######

Very incoherent. Might need a bit more explaining to get the point across.

Also, since when did they start putting traffic lights on the highways? :shrug:

BernieP

Resident PIA
Maybe BernieP mis-spoke? Not defending; just sayin'.....

Okay BernieP, now you go..... :popcorn:

Thank you, we all can see who the trolls are.

I read it here and see it on the road, the self appointed traffic officer. People get out on the road and just do as they please, often with some lame excuse.
In this case it was a mini van... why is it so often a minivan?

Pulls out onto RT 4 and proceeds North. But never accelerates much above 25MPH. Line of traffic starts to back up behind them.
Not only are they moving slow, they are straddling the solid white line, two wheels on the shoulder, two wheels in the lane.
I guess they wanted to make sure nobody would pass them.
The really sweet part is that when they get to the light at FDR & RT 4, the light is red and they just continue on, no stop, just kept on rolling.
Last time I checked, you had to come to a complete stop at a red light before making the right.

For all those who think speeding is a capital offense, I think driving like this birdbrain is far worse a hazard.

glhs837

Power with Control

I read it here and see it on the road, the self appointed traffic officer. People get out on the road and just do as they please, often with some lame excuse.

Pulls out onto RT 4 and proceeds North. But never accelerates much above 25MPH. Line of traffic starts to back up behind them.
Not only are they moving slow, they are straddling the solid white line, two wheels on the shoulder, two wheels in the lane.
The really sweet part is that when they get to the light at FDR & RT 4, the light is red and they just continue on, no stop, just kept on rolling.
Last time I checked, you had to come to a complete stop at a red light before making the right.

For all those who think speeding is a capital offense, I think driving like this birdbrain is far worse a hazard.

I'll go with Bernies answer for $500, Alex. Stupid unaware drivers and self appointed traffic guardians cause far more wrecks than speeders. And before the outcry starts, note I said "cause".

Restitution

Thanks for the explanation. I agree with what you are saying. People like this are hazardous.

However, I don't see the reason why asking you to clarify your incoherent OP (traffic lights on highways!) makes one a "troll"

DEEKAYPEE8569

Last time I checked, you had to come to a complete stop at a red light before making the right

This.....I see it every.....day. 'member folks....."Right on Red AFTER STOP." If you don't; don't b*tch about getting run into. Just my .02 worth.

FWIW, in Tennessee where it is also 'RORAS', their red light cams catch you rolling through red lights; snap a pic of your tags and mail you a ticket.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I'll go with Bernies answer for $500, Alex. Stupid unaware drivers and self appointed traffic guardians cause far more wrecks than speeders. And before the outcry starts, note I said "cause".
Would/could "cause" be, being in the way of speeders? Speeders also do better/cause fewer accidents where there is room to move, so to speak. I saw it on the freeways in California; L.A. specifically; 70+.....+ and NO accidents. Shocked the H*ll outta me.

If the car in front of you was moving slower'n you; you changed lanes at the first opportunity, of course slowing to prevent running the guy/girl over.

We can't do freeway-style driving here.

BernieP

Resident PIA
This.....I see it every.....day. 'member folks....."Right on Red AFTER STOP." If you don't; don't b*tch about getting run into. Just my .02 worth.

FWIW, in Tennessee where it is also 'RORAS', their red light cams catch you rolling through red lights; snap a pic of your tags and mail you a ticket.

I think they count on people wanting to avoid hitting another vehicle in the rear end. My experience is that officers will NOT write a ticket for something they did not witness.
Which means assessing blame will be determined by the insurance companies and they will go with a split with the vehicle in the rear getting at least 50% or greater of the blame.

glhs837

Power with Control
Would/could "cause" be, being in the way of speeders? Speeders also do better/cause fewer accidents where there is room to move, so to speak. I saw it on the freeways in California; L.A. specifically; 70+.....+ and NO accidents. Shocked the H*ll outta me.

If the car in front of you was moving slower'n you; you changed lanes at the first opportunity, of course slowing to prevent running the guy/girl over.

We can't do freeway-style driving here.

If you are asking what I think you are asking, generally speeders most common crash mode is failure to stay on the damn road. Sometimes it's driving faster than their/other drivers reaction time, like that officer in Calvert who was outrunning his siren as he approached a place where seeing his lights was restricted and a young lady died in the fire.

Oh, and I think the number of crashes caused by right on red runners is like .03% or some silly number. And the crashes caused by they almost invariably do not cause any serious injuries. Photo setups capturing right on red have even less to do with safety than regular red light cameras, which is virtually nil. Biggest cash cow the industry ever attached to the govt milking machine.

DEEKAYPEE8569

If you are asking what I think you are asking, generally speeders most common crash mode is failure to stay on the damn road. Sometimes it's driving faster than their/other drivers reaction time, like that officer in Calvert who was outrunning his siren as he approached a place where seeing his lights was restricted and a young lady died in the fire.

Oh, and I think the number of crashes caused by right on red runners is like .03% or some silly number. And the crashes caused by they almost invariably do not cause any serious injuries. Photo setups capturing right on red have even less to do with safety than regular red light cameras, which is virtually nil. Biggest cash cow the industry ever attached to the govt milking machine.
This part......I know TN does this. I think the unnamed who got the red light cam ticket in TN rolled through the intersection into a right turn, without ceasing forward motion.

Doesn't MD follow that methodology also; or is MD's bigger concern, the red light runners? (235/4) etc. Just this past weekend I saw I-don't-know-how-many folks just roll through the red light making right turns; many of them, without even signaling; and they b*tch and wonder why they wind up with banged up LFr fenders.

glhs837

Power with Control
Oh, it's pretty much a universal that you can only legally ROR after coming to a complete stop. And what usually happens is that they bring in the cameras with the hue and cry about saving lives. Then, once folks get used to them, and the revenue slows (note I didn't say crashes reduce because that's a bit harder to parse) they then turn on the ROR functionality which has been there all along dormant, it's simple machine vision at this point. It triggers on any motion after red in that lane. And if motion stops, it stops recording or caring. but if motion doesn't stop, it saves the video for upload, review, and citation issuance.

and yes, quite a few places in MD that have red light cameras have added ROR. Hell, some even went to stop line citations. Even if you were not in the cross walk, but your car broke the plane of the stop line and was at a complete stop during the red cycle, you get a ticket.