Woke, Inc: Why I’m blowing whistle on how corporate America is poisoning society

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Never Donate These Books to Little Free Libraries (or Anywhere Else)

Don’t donate books that are wildly out of date

Some books age better than others—and often, physical condition has nothing to do with it. Old information is useless at best and dangerous at worst, so think twice before offloading any outdated books. Here are the two main categories to watch out for.

Books with out-of-date information

Old reference materials are among the least valuable books you can donate; textbooks, technical manuals, how-to guides, and travel guides from years past just aren’t going to be very helpful to anyone who picks them up. Enthusiasts or collectors might be interested, but they have to find the book first—which they can’t do if the donations manager at the library or Goodwill (correctly) declines to put your Y2K survival guides or chemistry textbook from 2004 on the shelf.

A slightly more niche example of outdated books is an ARC, or advanced reader copy. These are basically early, unofficial book drafts publishers send out before publication day for reviewing purposes. Because ARCs are not the final version of a book, they may have typos, grammatical errors, and other small issues that the writer and editor will change before sending the manuscript to print. For this reason, libraries don’t accept ARC donations, so if you’re sitting on a pile of them, don’t box them up and send them to your local library.

Bigoted or otherwise harmful content

Maybe this goes without saying, but if you want to offload a book specifically because it’s racist, homophobic, transphobic, misogynist, fatphobic, or just plain nasty, maybe don’t put it back out into the word. This is especially important if you’re planning on donating to your neighborhood Little Free Library; LFLs are often geared towards kids and families, and the less bigotry kids absorb, the better.

:shocking:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You keep blaming one side of this ongoing issue, but your man Trump seem's to have a different opinion.

You might want to sit down for this:

I can have a different opinion than Trump and I don't have to do what he says.

I hope you had your smelling salts nearby.

Regardless, I don't see how your link has anything to do with the post you quoted, it's just you trying to pick a fight again because you're an angry little man who could use some time on the couch.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Fact Check: Trump says Axios article is BS and anyone referring to it should be ashamed of themselves

Axios billed themselves as an unbiased news source and like every other Leftist blog they lied. You can typically read headlines and tell which way the wind is blowing with these turds.

But it wouldn't surprise me if Netanhayu wasn't fully onboard with making peace with terrorists who've been targeting Israeli civilians for decades. Revenge served cold, and all....

Clem72

Fact Check: Trump says Axios article is BS and anyone referring to it should be ashamed of themselves

Would you prefer a story from the Jerusalem Post?

Fact: Trump said those words repeatedly in person. You can listen/watch it for yourself. If he later walked it back for whatever reasons, that means nothing. I though ya'll were the "show me" type who believe what they see and hear, not the "tell me type" who believe what other people told you you saw and heard.

CPUSA

Would you prefer a story from the Jerusalem Post?

Fact: Trump said those words repeatedly in person. You can listen/watch it for yourself. If he later walked it back for whatever reasons, that means nothing. I though ya'll were the "show me" type who believe what they see and hear, not the "tell me type" who believe what other people told you you saw and heard.
I updated my post....
Apparently, the words FACT CHECK didn't make it clear enough...my apologies

DaSDGuy

Looks like someone's "orange man bad" syndrome has turned into a full blown psychosis. Insanity of this calibre results in a lifetime in a padded room.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
‘We Are Capitalists’: BlackRock CEO Pushes Back Against ‘Woke’ Influences

BlackRock chief executive Larry Fink said that being “woke” has no place in his business.

In his 2022 Letter to CEOs, Fink instead lauded “capitalism” as the driver of relationships between stakeholders:

When my partners and I founded BlackRock as a startup 34 years ago, I had no experience running a company. Over the past three decades, I’ve had the opportunity to talk with countless CEOs and to learn what distinguishes truly great companies. Time and again, what they all share is that they have a clear sense of purpose; consistent values; and, crucially, they recognize the importance of engaging with and delivering for their key stakeholders. This is the foundation of stakeholder capitalism.
Stakeholder capitalism is not about politics. It is not a social or ideological agenda. It is not “woke.” It is capitalism, driven by mutually beneficial relationships between you and the employees, customers, suppliers, and communities your company relies on to prosper. This is the power of capitalism.

Though Fink’s admonition appears to be strong, Fox Business reporter Megan Henney notes that BlackRock has been accused of “woke posturing” as it diverts attention away from investments in China.

“BlackRock is the first foreign-owned, asset management company that has received approval from Chinese President Xi Jinping to start a mutual fund business in the country,” she wrote. “Fink has said China will be one of the ‘biggest opportunities’ for the investment giant over the long term, but has acknowledged the complicated relationship between Beijing and the U.S.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Larry Fink of BlackRock and His Global Crusade to Advance Identity Politics

Larry Fink has emerged as the point man for environmental, social, and corporate governance capitalism, broadly known as ESG. As chief executive officer of BlackRock, which holds a $10 trillion global portfolio, Fink leverages this immense power to compel companies that BlackRock invests in to comply with an aggressive climate change and diversity agenda in their operations.

Fink’s BlackRock is committed to a net-zero carbon strategy, and seeks global conformity across its clients on sustainability reporting measures, i.e., they must prove that their companies are seeking this goal.

His annual letter to CEOs is closely read, and, it would seem, followed. In 2020, he stated that BlackRock “will be increasingly disposed to vote against management and board directors when companies are not making sufficient progress on sustainability-related disclosures and the business practices and plans underlying them.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Spice company that called Republicans racist begs for gift card purchases after losing customers

Earlier this month, Penzeys Spices CEO Bill Penzey renamed the extended Martin Luther King, Jr. Day weekend to be "Republicans are racist weekend" in a newsletter to customers. In the letter, he said his aim was to anger Republicans in honor of the late civil rights icon.

"Remember how Republicans, going against a mountain of evidence to the contrary, once again lied and said BLM wasn’t a peaceful movement but instead terrorists inciting violence throughout the country and then raced out to buy a crapload of guns because maybe they were finally going to get their chance to shoot a Black person? What a bunch of racists," the email said.

Penzey also claimed that the Republican Party "does everything it can to make it harder for Black people to vote."

Since sending his controversial email, Penzey sent out another missive Friday asking for gift card purchases and admitting that his company had since lost 40,005 subscribers, which is approximately 3% of their base, according to 1130 WISN.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

State Lawmakers Are Waking Up To BlackRock’s Dangers To Americans, And Taking Action

Now the colossal Wall Street firm is void of oversight for the state’s investment fund, a liquid account worth approximately $1.5 billion. While it might not be much money to BlackRock, Moore tells The Federalist, it’s “a hell of a lot for the people of West Virginia,” and far too much to park with an investment firm infected by corporate wokeism working to defraud the state’s more than 1.7 million residents.

Despite holding $85 billion in coal assets as of January last year, BlackRock has emphasized its commitment to reaching net-zero carbon emissions, a near-term pledge incompatible with a flourishing energy industry reliant on instantaneous power provided by fossil fuels. The commitment while fostering Chinese investment has prompted well-founded skepticism about whether BlackRock has the best interests of its clients at stake.

Last week, the educational nonprofit Consumers’ Research unveiled a multi-million-dollar campaign to expose BlackRock’s close ties with the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). The watchdog published a new website on BlackRock’s CEO, WhoIsLarryFink.com, and debuted new ads for TV and radio complemented by mobile billboards in New York City, where the firm is headquartered.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

'Woke' Home Depot flyer causes online stir

The flyer that was reportedly posted in a break room at a Calgary, Alberta, Home Depot showed the home improvement giant's logo and was titled, "Leading Practices: Unpacking Privilege." It asks employees to literally "check" their "privilege," whether it be "white privilege," class privilege," "Christian privilege," "cisgender privilege," "able-bodied privilege," or "heterosexual privilege."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"If you can lead a mob to torch homes and businesses, and assault or even kill people without punishment, then go buy two million-dollar mansions in exclusive neighborhoods, you have black privilege."

"If you can lie about an assault and have national corporate media giving you sympathy, then when it's found you faked the whole thing receive no punishment, you have black privilege."

"If you can bully the whole country, including major social media outlets, into bowing before you and transforming society to fit your personal agenda, you have transgender privilege."

And PS, EVERYONE gets Christian holidays off, not just Christians.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Home Depot Tells Its Staff They're White-Privileged Oppressors and Marginalized Victims

Twitter account Libs of Tik Tok posted a Home Depot employee worksheet called “Unpacking Privilege.” It defines the “P” as “a special benefit or advantage that may be earned or unearned.”

“A person may or may not be aware that they are benefitting from privilege,” the handout states.

Those leading do-it-yourselfers to a two-pound bag of bat guano or an econo-size container of coyote urine should be versed in privilege of two types:

Social Privilege
Special, unearned advantage or entitlement, used to one’s own benefit or to the detriment of others. These groups can be advantaged based on social class, age, disability, ethnic or racial category, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, and religion.
White Privilege
Societal privileges that benefit white people beyond what is commonly experienced by people of color under the same social, political and economic circumstances.

The looks of privilege are laid out:

• If while growing up, college was an expectation of you, not a dream, you have class privilege.
  • If you can expect time off from work to celebrate your religious holidays, you have Christian privilege.
  • If you can use public bathrooms without stares, fear or anxiety, you have cisgender privilege.
  • If you don’t have to worry about how to get into a store, you have able-bodied privilege.
  • If you don’t have to explain that your spouse is of the same gender, you have heterosexual privilege.

Last but not least:

• If you’re confident that the police exist to protect you, you have white privilege.