Woman buys tampons stuffed with cocaine at store

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Woman buys tampons stuffed with cocaine at local store | ksl.com

SALT LAKE CITY — Police are investigating the case of a woman who found cocaine in a sealed box of tampons.

Cindy Davidson never suspected that the tampons she found for a good deal Saturday at the NPS Store, 1600 S. Empire Road, were anything out of the ordinary. The box was in perfect condition, sealed in cellophane.

But she became suspicious Sunday when she first opened the box.

"I noticed there was packaging inside that wasn't normal," she said. "They had removed the tampon and there was cocaine inside."

At first, though, she wasn't sure what she was seeing. There was a powdery substance rolled up in thick cellophane and taped shut inside the cardboard applicator. It was wrapped so tight she spent five minutes trying to open it and still couldn't.

In the box of 16, she inspected four and found two had the cellophane package inside and the other two were normal tampons.

"I started getting nervous because I thought it might have been a terrorist attack," she said. "I called my sister first and said I was going to call the manufacturer the next day and she told me to call the police."

Salt Lake police detective Carlie Wiechman said officers responded to Davidson's home, but couldn't immediately identify the substance.