Woman charged for going topless in front of stepchildren

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Prosecutors counter that nudity is commonly understood to include women’s breasts in American society and that courts have upheld laws based on morality.

“It was in the privacy of my own home,” Buchanan said after a court hearing Tuesday where a judge said she plans to rule in the coming months. “My husband was right next to me in the same exact manner that I was, and he’s not being prosecuted.”

Buchanan, 27, said she and her husband had taken off their shirts to keep their clothes from getting dusty while they hung drywall in their garage in a Salt Lake City suburb in late 2017 or early 2018.

When her husband’s three children, ages 9 through 13, walked in, she “explained she considers herself a feminist and wanted to make a point that everybody should be fine with walking around their house or elsewhere with skin showing,” her lawyers said in court documents.

Buchanan was charged with three counts of misdemeanor lewdness involving a child in February. It came after child welfare officials began an investigation involving the kids that wasn’t related to Buchanan.

The children’s mother reported the topless incident because she was “alarmed,” authorities said. Police say Buchanan removed her shirt and bra in front of the children while “under the influence of alcohol” and said that if a man could take off his shirt, a woman should be able to as well.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/nov/21/tilli-buchanan-charged-going-topless-front-stepchi/

IMHO that is ignorant reason to take off your shirt and bra
FFS do the laundry buy more shirts ....... that dust gets everywhere

However It more sounds like the exwife is being pissy by filing a complaint with CPS

Hijinx

Although it's a pretty stupid argument IMo she didn't break any laws.
If she wants to run around naked is that any different than full fledged nudists who take their kids to camp with them?
It's something I wouldn't want in my home, but I see her idiotic point.

I also don't have a problem with the mother who doesn't want her kids in this life style. Don't know the facts of the custody and such, nor do we know about the mindset and animosity of the split and marriage. IMO it was a dumb thing to do and the excuse is just plain BS.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
However It more sounds like the exwife is being pissy by filing a complaint with CPS

I'm sure the reason she did that is to bolster her assertion that Daddy gets supervised visitation from now on and the kids can't be around his stripper wife.

officeguy

Why do you say that?

Let me see:
  • It's her house.
  • Her husband's kids are not 'the public'.
  • Seeing a pair of titties is neither lewd or harmful.
  • It's her house.
  • Envy. With the oldest kid 13, step-mom is younger than the Ex and has probably nicer titties.
  • Just general purpose mean spiritedness. There is a way to screw your ex who has custody of the kids, it will be used.
  • Did I mention it was inside of her damn house.

Lawrence vs. Texas found that conduct inside your house doesn't have to conform to the same standards as conduct in public.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Let me see:
  • It's her house.
  • Her husband's kids are not 'the public'.
  • Seeing a pair of titties is neither lewd or harmful.
  • It's her house.
  • Envy. With the oldest kid 13, step-mom is younger than the Ex and has probably nicer titties.
  • Just general purpose mean spiritedness. There is a way to screw your ex who has custody of the kids, it will be used.
  • Did I mention it was inside of her damn house.

Lawrence vs. Texas found that conduct inside your house doesn't have to conform to the same standards as conduct in public.

I disagree with every single point. If my kids' stepmom were running around with her tits flopping in front of my kids, I'd be pissed too. I think you mens are coming at it from what YOU would want, not what's appropriate for children.

So can she and the old man **** in front of them? I mean, it's her house, right?

It should be universally agreed that this is inappropriate behavior on the part of the stepmom....and here some are, disagreeing. That's always amazing to me.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I disagree with every single point. If my kids' stepmom were running around with her tits flopping in front of my kids, I'd be pissed too. I think you mens are coming at it from what YOU would want, not what's appropriate for children.

So can she and the old man **** in front of them? I mean, it's her house, right?

It should be universally agreed that this is inappropriate behavior on the part of the stepmom....and here some are, disagreeing. That's always amazing to me.
I'm not opining on her nekkid behavior at all. I was simply agreeing with the "ex's gonna cause hate and discontent" aspect of it.

phreddyp

Sorry Kiddo you are wrong on this one !

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sorry Kiddo you are wrong on this one !

Sorry kiddo, no I'm not.

So I'm guessing you'd be good with your kids' stepdad walking around in front of them with his dick hanging out? Or are you jealous that his is bigger than yours?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not opining on her nekkid behavior at all. I was simply agreeing with the "ex's gonna cause hate and discontent" aspect of it.

So in your mind it's not possible that the mother is simply trying to enforce appropriate behavior around her kids. It must be that she's just being a bitch and trying to stir stuff up?