Woman fired for flipping off Trump gofunded $87,519 so far…

Chris0nllyn

Serious question Chris....

Would you want someone representing you that has demonstrated quite clearly that they do not have the self control to take the higher road when confronted with a policy, person, or action that they do not agree with?

And... I know you will immediately fire back with "...but... Trump!!" I am asking you to look a little deeper than that.

It's good that your recognize that Trump does not have the self control you (seemingly) expect from a local politician, but to answer your question, I don't think I'd vote for her, not because she exercised her First Amendment right to criticize govt. officials, but because of her stances on certain issues (limited as they may be).

While I don't agree with her politically, I think it's great that she said "you know what, I don't like my local govt and will work to change that", and she did. It may be for the better, it may be for the worst, but she did what many of us say she should. Put her money where her mouth is.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Put her money where her mouth is.
I guess if she used the gofundme for her campaign then she put others' money where her mouth is (and not her own). (I have no idea how she funded her campaign, just being snarky.)

I 1 middle finger salute her victory.
Gotta wonder how she'll react when it's done to her. My bet; not good.

Regardless, good job, Loudoun County. Enjoy!

--- End of line (MCP)

WingsOfGold

I guess if she used the gofundme for her campaign then she put others' money where her mouth is (and not her own). (I have no idea how she funded her campaign, just being snarky.)

Gotta wonder how she'll react when it's done to her. My bet; not good.

Regardless, good job, Loudoun County. Enjoy!

--- End of line (MCP)
Loudoun was once rolling hills country with horses and many deer. Haven't been there in decades, I suspect its a shithole now most anywhere would be when it's population has gone up 9X in 40 years. https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/VALOUD5POP

SamSpade

Serious question Chris....

Would you want someone representing you that has demonstrated quite clearly that they do not have the self control to take the higher road when confronted with a policy, person, or action that they do not agree with?

And... I know you will immediately fire back with "...but... Trump!!" I am asking you to look a little deeper than that.

My only thought was - while amusing, virtually every major news outlet reported what can only be - well, just that, an amusing anecdote.

She was not a public employee - not a federal employee - but a private employee who didn't get into trouble until she decided to make her actions public. Her employer terminated her. Two years later she runs to be a county supervisor for the Algonkian District in Loudoun County, which she won - an election that turned out about eleven thousand voters. That is half the voters that voted for Leonardtown's lowest election turnout last election - Board of Education 1. And the winner got four times the votes. Put simply, this was a tiny election, but somehow was important enough that news outlets across the country deemed it newsworthy.

Color me surprised.

nutz

Loudoun was once rolling hills country with horses and many deer. Haven't been there in decades, I suspect its a shithole now most anywhere would be when it's population has gone up 9X in 40 years. https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/VALOUD5POP
Lots of big McMansions and hefty taxes to pay for “nothing but the best”. A friend moved there 3 years ago and was happy to pay over $11000.00 in property taxes on the 7 acre farm on a dirt road, off of the tar and chip main drag.