Woman Got Her Revenge When an Old Bully Asked Her for a Date

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://www.buzzfeed.com/rossalynwar...o-bullied-her-at-school-with-this#.xtRbL9pkB6

Manning arranged a dinner at a local restaurant and arranged to leave this note to her date:

Hey [name obscured],

So sorry I can’t join you tonight.

Remember year 8, when I was fat and you made fun of my weight? No? I do – I spent the following three years eating less than an apple a day. So I’ve decided to skip dinner.

Remember the monobrow you mocked? The hairy legs you were disgusted by? Remember how every day for three years, you and your friends called me Manbeast? No perhaps you don’t – or you wouldn’t have seen how I look eight years later and deemed me f!#@able enough to treat me like a human being.

I thought I’d send you this as a reminder. Next time you think of me, picture that girl in this photo, because she’s the one who just stood you up.

Louisa.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Uh, so, she used his mean treatment of her to get her #### together and she's holding a grudge? I mean, I have no problem with her wanting to give him a big 'eff you!' but, she could also say 'thanks for the motivation to improve my life!" :shrug:

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Uh, so, she used his mean treatment of her to get her #### together and she's holding a grudge? I mean, I have no problem with her wanting to give him a big 'eff you!' but, she could also say 'thanks for the motivation to improve my life!" :shrug:

Seriously? Just because something good came out of it in the end makes him no less a dick for bullying her and making her life miserable. He doesn't deserve any gratitude whatsoever.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
To his credit, the former ahole sent her back an apology.

Hey… For what it’s worth, I was actually here to meet up looking for a chance to meet up looking to make friends, not because you are very good looking. I guess I had it coming though, and certainly don’t blame you for standing me up.

I can’t change who I was 8 years ago, and I won’t insult your intelligence by pretending that it didn’t happen, but I hope you believe me when I say I’m a completely different person now. I can only apologise and wish you the very best. I guess I won’t hear from you again but I mean it when I say that I hope you have every success you deserve.”

So good for him. :yay:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
She should let it go. How many of us were model citizens at 8? Half the kids in my class were still eating paste at that age.

I think everyone is teased pretty badly at one point in their life. I lived in Japan in middle school and was so much larger than everyone else (Asians are tiny) and I wore extremely thick glasses... I was teased relentlessly... it gave me a complex for a long time and I felt like I was masculine looking forever...

One of the boys from Japan contacted me on facebook and was "so so so so sorry for making me so sad all the time."

Kids will be kids ... and kids are azzholes. :yay:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I think everyone is teased pretty badly at one point in their life. I lived in Japan in middle school and was so much larger than everyone else (Asians are tiny) and I wore extremely thick glasses... I was teased relentlessly... it gave me a complex for a long time and I felt like I was masculine looking forever...

One of the boys from Japan contacted me on facebook and was "so so so so sorry for making me so sad all the time."

Kids will be kids ... and kids are azzholes. :yay:

I was teased and picked on horribly from about 5th grade through early 8th grade. I was really tiny and my little sister was taller than I was. She was the popular one. Then I moved to my Dad's house and changed schools (right after 8th grade started) and was popular overnight. Strange how things work out.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Something similar happened to me, and while this guy happened to have a decent reply...I completely understand why she did what she did. I did not get along with any of the guys in my HS. I was the "new chic" freshman year and stayed that way until we graduated. A whole group of them used to gang up on me and bully me with the typical low-ball comments, fat, ugly, etc. I'd outwit them every time. They haaaated that. No less then 5 of them have contacted me since we graduated "I'm so sorry for the way I was with the rest of those guys...I was just going along...I secretly liked you...wanna meet up sometime?" rrriiiighhttt. Told each of them to #### off after telling them their buddies already said the same things. :rolleyes:

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Does anyone else keep a spiral notebook listing every bad thing anyone’s ever done to them?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Seriously? Just because something good came out of it in the end makes him no less a dick for bullying her and making her life miserable. He doesn't deserve any gratitude whatsoever.

I'm not saying he is any less of a dick AT ALL. He's a dick. An a hole. A wretch. AND him being so was used by her as motivation to a better life. Agreed?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
She should let it go. How many of us were model citizens at 8? Half the kids in my class were still eating paste at that age.

This was when she was 12. A difficult year. That whole range as puberty comes along and all of a sudden this stuff is very important. Very.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I'm not saying he is any less of a dick AT ALL. He's a dick. An a hole. A wretch. AND him being so was used by her as motivation to a better life. Agreed?

ehhh not exactly. She claimed after his teasing she developed an eating disorder. I'm going to guess after a couple years with that, she was eventually forced into help and therapy and #### that finally gave her motivation to help herself and create a healthier lifestyle/image. It's a roundabout twisted way of getting there. Even if you looked far enough and really strained to connect the dots, I would never credit my "bullies" for any of my accomplishments and success.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
ehhh not exactly. She claimed after his teasing she developed an eating disorder. I'm going to guess after a couple years with that, she was eventually forced into help and therapy and #### that finally gave her motivation to help herself and create a healthier lifestyle/image. It's a roundabout twisted way of getting there. Even if you looked far enough and really strained to connect the dots, I would never credit my "bullies" for any of my accomplishments and success.

Without fail, people who were dicks to me, I learned something from. I am in no way, condoning being mean or an a hole or whatever. And I'm not glad she suffered over it. I'm just saying use that as motivation.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Without fail, people who were dicks to me, I learned something from. I am in no way, condoning being mean or an a hole or whatever. And I'm not glad she suffered over it. I'm just saying use that as motivation.

And while I completely agree, I'm just saying not everyone will process that bullying into use for motivation. I sure didn't. I'm not the type of person to be motivated by someone telling me "I can't" so I can sympathize with her initial reaction to the guy. I figure out in my own way and time what goals and path I want to go down and I do it. :shrug:

Radiant1

Soul Probe

Not necessarily.

Exactly.

Why don't you go write them a thank-you note, Larry.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Radiant1;5476625 Why don't you go write them a thank-you note said:
first off I didn't suffer as this gal did so let's not equate the embarrassment I went through to hers.

Second, some of them I have. In person.

Last I didn't mean to strike a nerve or piss anyone off.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
first off I didn't suffer as this gal did so let's not equate the embarrassment I went through to hers.

Second, some of them I have. In person.

Last I didn't mean to strike a nerve or piss anyone off.

Bullying is often more than just embarrassment, and I don't exactly believe you when you say you've thanked your bullies, but that's neither here nor there.

You did strike a nerve only because you came across as making bullying of no real consequence or that the victims of bullying somehow bring it on themselves. Frankly, as a mom who has had two kids suffer bullying in school I want nothing more than to beat the living shit out of every kid who did so. Actually that's not true, I'd really rather cut their faces up with a chainsaw...and their parents too. I'd never once suggest that my kids thank those who victimized them. Instead, I've taught them how to protect themselves as much as possible, to turn the other cheek because to bully back is to sink to their level, and recognize the complete and utter failure of character in the bully himself/herself. That's small consolation to a kid who's hurting though.

It's a bit dismaying to see some people in this thread give a tacit nod to bullying as if it's just a kid thing. It's not just a kid thing. It's an immoral, bad parenting thing, and some of those kids never outgrow it and become parents themselves teaching their children to bully...and the sick-ass cycle continues.