Woman swears off dating men due to frustrating trend

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“I don’t want to do anything for you. I don’t want to cook for you, I don’t want to clean for you, I don’t want to be your secretary and set your appointments and chase you around,” she began. “I don’t want to pick up your socks for you.

“I don’t want to be one of those people who come on TikTok and makes ‘funny videos’ about how you can’t do anything for yourself. F**k that.”

Ms. Lowell argued it had become near impossible to find a “fully functioning” male adult.

“It has been proven time and again that men are the ones who benefit from marriage and relationships, because we [women] get in them, and we do everything, and they just get to sit back and receive everything from us,” she said.

“As a treat, they might do something for our birthday, or for mother’s day,” she continued.

“Men have unconscionable permission to plainly exist in relationships and receive.

“When I come home after a long day, I don’t want to cook either. Why can’t we flip a coin to see who cooks or if we order food? Why can’t you pick up after yourself?

“Why can’t you set your own appointments? Why do I have to be your secretary?

“I’m not working for you. I have gotten so lazy, I’m not doing anything.”

She argued a popular response from men to her resistance was proof they only wanted to enter relationships for the pure sake of having women take care of them.

SamSpade

Reading the comments.

Interesting how the supporting ones are declaring that she is just happy now that she is single and not in a relationship and she is just fine with this.

Because if she was just FINE WITH IT, she wouldn't be writing a long article venting her frustration.
She WANTS to be "fine with it" - but she's upset because she's not.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Straight up, she's mostly right. Men don't value the things women value - like tidiness, and punctuality, and order, and proper nutrition, and clean clothing. Some guys are better than others, but mostly men are slovenly louts who could happily eat Doritos off a paper plate for supper and turn their socks inside out to get another wearing out of them.

It doesn't bother them, but it bothers the **** out of us.

But we women largely made them that way. Left alone eventually they'll clean up their chit, but they can stand it for much longer than we can. They have a high tolerance for disgusting. So when they finally come to they see the Good Fairy has done the dishes, wiped the counters, bleached the whites, and gone to the grocery store, they go, "Well awright!" and go back to whatever they were doing.

I have often said that heterosexuality is God's little joke.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Straight up, she's mostly right. Men don't value the things women value - like tidiness, and punctuality, and order, and proper nutrition, and clean clothing. Some guys are better than others, but mostly men are slovenly louts who could happily eat Doritos off a paper plate for supper and turn their socks inside out to get another wearing out of them.

But we women largely made them that way. Left alone eventually they'll clean up their chit, but they can stand it for much longer than we can. They have a high tolerance for disgusting. So when they finally come to they see the Good Fairy has done the dishes, wiped the counters, bleached the whites, and gone to the grocery store, they go, "Well awright!" and go back to whatever they were doing.

I had a mobile veterinarian that would come to my house when my last pet was too ill to go to the office any longer. Every time she came her vet tech (woman) would ask me if I was married. No, I'm divorced. Then she would ask if I had a girlfriend? No, not right now. Then she said Oh, you have a maid? No, I clean my own home. Maybe she was hinting at something

She said well if you don't want to tell me it's really none of my business, but I've never seen a man in a house this clean. I just said thank you.

PJay

I had a mobile veterinarian that would come to my house when my last pet was too ill to go to the office any longer. Every time she came her vet tech (woman) would ask me if I was married. No, I'm divorced. Then she would ask if I had a girlfriend? No, not right now. Then she said Oh, you have a maid? No, I clean my own home. Maybe she was hinting at something

She said well if you don't want to tell me it's really none of my business, but I've never seen a man in a house this clean. I just said thank you.
There are other men like you in this world. My Dad was one. Times I lived with him he was overly strict with the cleaning thing, but I survived.

SamSpade

Every woman I ever dated - well all but ONE - if they lived by themselves, they were never NEAT. They might be well groomed and dress nice, but their desks, their homes and their bedrooms were usually a mess. (One was such a neatnik, she cleaned the area under her stove and refrigerator WEEKLY. She cleaned stuff I didn't realize needed cleaning). They could usually be relied upon to clean up for company - but I've had female roommates before - and I've seen it.

Others - well - it just depended. Some like an orderly KITCHEN, while the craft room might be knee deep in junk. The dining area is neat as a pin, but the garage or basement is a nightmare. The bathroom is a joke - don't leave your stuff in her bathroom - it may not reek but the counters are cluttered and the drawers barely close.

And I have lived in households of men where it was clean - in one I lived in, it was so clean, the idea of a single utensil in the sink was anathema.
Ok, yeah, we're slobs. Part of which is, what we think is clean, they don't.

The only difference I could see is - well, for one, men ARE more slovenly than women overall, but they're not ashamed of it. Women don't want you to see their mess.

But we do have tasks that are fairly even. My Dad advised me on my wedding day - when you think you're doing more than your fair share, you MIGHT be pulling about even. He meant that was true in all relationships - we tend to think we're doing more than what we should. It's just human nature.

rio

The only way a man will continually treat you a certain way is if you let them continually treat you a certain way. She was right to leave if she has nothing she wants to give in the relationship, and felt she was receiving nothing. I'm sure the man has his own version of how things were.

I personally am very traditional and enjoyed being a stay at home mom and now homemaker who works part time. I'm good at my outside job, but have always felt that my priority is my family and home and that is the job I have always been passionate about and where my skillset shines. I'm also very fortunate that my husband holds these same values, appreciates what I do to make his life better, and neither of us takes the other for granted.

PJay

The only way a man will continually treat you a certain way is if you let them continually treat you a certain way. She was right to leave if she has nothing she wants to give in the relationship, and felt she was receiving nothing. I'm sure the man has his own version of how things were.

I personally am very traditional and enjoyed being a stay at home mom and now homemaker who works part time. I'm good at my outside job, but have always felt that my priority is my family and home and that is the job I have always been passionate about and where my skillset shines. I'm also very fortunate that my husband holds these same values, appreciates what I do to make his life better, and neither of us takes the other for granted.
Perfect.

Very traditional also. I love homemaking.

SamSpade

How many children do you have? Do you make them do chores? If not, why not?

They do. One does cat litter and takes care of the cats and dog; another unloads the dishwasher; another is on trash duty.
They all have a schedule of cleaning and so on.

There are also "ad hoc" jobs - if you do them, we'll pay you. If not, you don't get money. No allowances - you want money, earn it.

Sadly - if one isn't around - it's me.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
- if they lived by themselves, they were never NEAT.

Working as a Plumber in the earely 90's doing a fair bit of Real Estate Rental Service Work ... college girls are the worst slobs .... away from home the 1st time if a girl had her own bathroom it was a wreck, the common hall bathroom was usually presentable

Reactions: BOP

SamSpade

Working as a Plumber in the earely 90's doing a fair bit of Real Estate Rental Service Work ... college girls are the worst slobs .... away from home the 1st time if a girl had her own bathroom it was a wreck, the common hall bathroom was usually presentable
I once had a job as janitor at a restaurant while in college. Both women's and men's restrooms were the same kind of gross, but the women's EMPLOYEE restroom was beyond disgusting.

Among other things, the toilet paper roll was constantly knocked out of the wall. After repairing a half dozen times, I just gave up. It was evident they "unrolled" it by smacking on it.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

There used to be a time where the wife strayed at home, caring for any children, and the house, and making dinner. The wife had no income, the husband paid for everything. It was implied, expected, that while the husband was at work, the wife took care of the home, grocery shopping, etc.. Her recompense was the food on the table, the roof over her head, the husbands love, affection, and thankfulness of having such a woman. Today, men are still expected to pay for everything by women, and yet the woman doesn't have to perform her historical duties, because ... she works also? Women need to pick one or the other. Either be a woman, or a feminist, but you can't be both.