Woman tries to sell baby for $8000.

WTH???!! :burning:

London, Laurel County, KY (WVLT) - Police say a London Kentucky mother tried to sell her children to a drug informant for a few thousand dollars.

Southern Kentucky Bureau Chief Phil Pendleton is in London Kentucky with the latest on this disturbing case.

It is a story that has sent shockwaves through this community, especially the neighborhood where this alleged baby selling transaction took place. And even police tell us they can't ever remember a drug case that involved children for sale.

The usually quite Sulfridge Drive area was abuzz with activity on Tuesday when police paid a local residence a visit.

19-year-old Amanda Ann Marksberry was arrested. Police say she was dealing cocaine, but they also say that she tried to sell her newborn baby for $8,000 and for just a thousand dollars more, offered the officer her toddler child. It's news that has upset her neighbors.

"Cause when you start trafficking in human flesh then I have nothing what-so-ever for you. Cause that is the lowest form of humanity," says London resident Meritt Jones.

"Did it surprise you to hear about these activities," Pendleton asks London resident Myrtle Green.

"Oh yes, it surprises me to hear talk of anybody doing that, but I didn't know it was that close to me.

Marksberry's family in this house, say the accusations are in no way true, that the children were not for sale.

The police say they have evidence that proves otherwise, and they're confident a grand jury will agree with them.

"It's real odd, this is the first for us that I know of," says Sergeant Brad Mitchell, from the Laurel County Sheriff's Dept.

Marksberry remains here in the Laurel County Detention Center in London, KY. We did give her an opportunity to give her side of the story, but she declined that chance.

The charges that she is in jail on have to do with cocaine trafficking charges, not with the alleged baby selling transaction. Those charges will be presented to a Laurel County grand jury sometime later this month, and they will determine whether an indictment will be returned.

Story came from here: http://volunteertv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4475391

rocknroll

$8000 for one baby? she's asking too much

I guess throwing the toddler in for only $1000 more ain't a bad deal though

You know, our neighbor said it perfectly just a few days ago when he said that it is so sad that our society has reached the point where everything/one is so easily thown away. We were discussing a guy that had killed his wife and 1 year old. :bawl:

nomoney said:
I've tried and ebay wasn't too happy about it.
:roflmao: