Woman's 'very strange' first date sparks Twitter debate: 'I never want to feel that way again'

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Alisha Ray posted that on the day before Valentine's Day she went on a first date at a coffee shop. Everything was fine, up until her date went up to the front counter to grab their drink order and returned with two treats. For himself.

In a follow-up tweet, she said:

“it’s a whole day (almost twenty four hours) later and I am still marveling over this man who is on a date and buys two whole cake pops – which is equal to the number of people on this date – and doesnt offer a single cake pop. to said date.”

The tweet blew up with nearly 360,000 favorites and over 23,000 retweets, and divided Twitter on whether the date etiquette was actually impolite.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/202...ver-want-to-feel-that-way-again-23932460.html

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Who wore it best:

RoseRed

Or Gurps

MiddleGround

I don't do Twitter so, I am wondering.

Did the woman say in her tweets that the man ATE the cake pops while they were on the date? I see some people mention it however, the article does not specify whether the original tweet said that.

I'm wondering if the man perhaps had small children that he was going to take the cake pops to after said date.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I don't do Twitter so, I am wondering.

Did the woman say in her tweets that the man ATE the cake pops while they were on the date? I see some people mention it however, the article does not specify whether the original tweet said that.

I'm wondering if the man perhaps had small children that he was going to take the cake pops to after said date.

Yes, he ate both of them!