women doctors

Elle

Happy Camper!
This is total bs. The “group” of drs in St. Mary’s split up. I don’t want to see the dr. that stayed, b/c she is only an gyn(not an ob/gyn just incase). So to have my records transferred to another office that will accommodate both, it is going to cost me 50cents per page. That is crap.

Last edited:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
You're right, it's crap. Don't pay it. They are trying to extort money from you so you'll stay with them. It may not even be legal.

Make an appt with the doctor you want. If they need your records, they'll request them (with your permission of course) and let the doctor's sort it out.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by TIGGER6035
Don't pay it, that's nuts. Have you seen Dr.Polko yet?

No, I see Ann, and I go next week that's why I wanted my records.

Elle

Happy Camper!
thanks for the advice. I'm gonna wait till my appt. next week and see what Ann has to say about it and then if she can't get them (I doubt they will release them to that office or they would have them by now b/c I filled out the release form that was sent when they first moved) I'll call my insurance company. I just think it's crazy. I mean they are MY records. What if I had a major problem, shouldn't my new dr. know about that. I will now avoid OB/GYN of St. Mary's (or what ever the old bat is calling it these days - and I did like Whindam (sp?) until now) at all cost and urge everyone I know to do the same, how dare they hold my records hostage just to gain customers.

TWLs wife

Originally posted by tys_mommy

They normaly work out way, If you don't have the money. They did with me. Just talk to Ann or Dr.Polko. They'll do Something. They have with me before. I hope this can HELP.
Tigger6035:biggrin: :biggrin:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
I go next week that's why I wanted my records.

Don't pay for your records. I bet they won't even tell you how many pages until they sent the bill.

In fact, report them to your insurance company. Their agreement with the insurance doesn't allow them to charge for certain things and I bet photocopying is not on the permitted list.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by TIGGER6035
They normaly work out way, If you don't have the money.

Money is not the problem, I wouldn't mind paying if it were for my personal collection or something but I am not and will not ever again go there for service so why hold my records, they should be released to my new dr of my choice.

Taz

When we moved back up here from FL, I was told there would be a charge to copy my records for me to bring up here with me or they would mail the entire record free of charge to a doctor up here if I specified the doctor.

TWLs wife

Money is not the problem, I wouldn't mind paying if it were for my personal collection or something but I am not and will not ever again go there for service so why hold my records, they should be released to my new dr of my choice.

I agree! Your Total right, That's another reason I don't see Dr.Neal anymore. Your RIGHT.:biggrin:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Aren't the records yours? Go tell them you need your records and then just take them where you want to go.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by Ken King
Aren't the records yours? Go tell them you need your records and then just take them where you want to go.

:lol: strange to see guys in this thread:lol:

OK, so I ask to just browse them then take off running, Ken, will you drive my get away car????

But to get your records you need to fill out a form and then they will give them to you I thought but now I'm being told to fill out the form and pay 50 cents a sheet.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
:lol: strange to see guys in this thread:lol:

OK, so I ask to just browse them then take off running, Ken, will you drive my get away car????

But to get your records you need to fill out a form and then they will give them to you I thought but now I'm being told to fill out the form and pay 50 cents a sheet.
I've walked into a doctor's office said I want my records and just walked out once they gave them to me. They are your records.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I always thought you just had to sign a release and they would give you the records or mail them to you. :shrug: Maybe things have changed.

Also, just noticed...ob is for babies...gyn is for us old ladies...:biggrin:

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by cattitude
Also, just noticed...ob is for babies...gyn is for us old ladies...:biggrin:

I knew that sorry in all my huffing and puffing just typed the wrong thing. Fixed now!:biggrin:

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Well I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good OB. I love my doctor but he doesn't deliver babies anymore and when we are ready to start a family I will need to see one. Any suggestions? I prefer men.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by jeneisen
Well I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good OB. I love my doctor but he doesn't deliver babies anymore and when we are ready to start a family I will need to see one. Any suggestions? I prefer men.

Sorry, no personal recommendations on people but I suggest you start saving now so you can afford to transfer your records

My SIL loves dr. Niani (sp?) in Calvert and he's with another male dr. (cute little short guy) or at least he was.

watercolor

yeah yeah

Ann is who I see.. she is awesome....She is the one who requested my records for me from neal....

Last edited:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
tys - I went where you went, and switched over to where Ann is when the practice split up. They transferred my records with no problem and no fee. I think they're feeding you :bs:. Now I switched all together since I've moved, but that's another story, haha!