Women's soccer

herb749

If the men's WC makes 400 mil & the women's makes $80 mil how do you even it out.?

Maybe they should do like the NBA that subsidizes the WNBA, that wouldn't survive without it.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

The world viewing ratings for the women's games were through the roof. Pundits over here are now openly discussing the "pay disparity", and noting, in particular, how many men's teams that performed poorly in the men's cup events still received far more than the US women's team will for winning theirs. So they do have a point....
That is true. But for only this year/season, for some reason. Could it be, that there has been pretty much non-stop media coverage, across all media platforms, and the extreme hyping up of women's soccer lately? Hummm?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Could it be, that there has been pretty much non-stop media coverage, across all media platforms, and the extreme hyping up of women's soccer lately? Hummm?
Sure could be. And how much latent damage did Rapinoe's shiddy behavior do too?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Sure could be. And how much latent damage did Rapinoe's shiddy behavior do too?
I would reckon she did a whole bunch. I think, had she kept her mouth shut, opinions to herself, placed her hand across her heart at every anthem, and as team captain showed more respectful sportsmanship, along with some of those girls being not so, in-your-face, about scoring, or winning, and have displayed better sportsmanship as well, then America most likely would be 100% in support. In being asses, they lost support and viewership, mostly from the US side, some I suspect from the other countries as well. They do not have the draw, nor appeal, that the men's soccer teams have. Also, there are way less women's teams than mens. Numbers count. They lose. Monetarily that is. Oh, it's the same reason minor league baseball players aren't making millions of dollars each. Attendance and ticket prices are much lower.

Midnightrider

If the men's WC makes 400 mil & the women's makes $80 mil how do you even it out.?

Maybe they should do like the NBA that subsidizes the WNBA, that wouldn't survive without it.
The prize money is going to be proportional to the money made y the tournament. However, I believe the national teams get a salary. that's what the complaint is about. It sounds like the US womens team has a lower average salary than the mens team. That being said, they have a collective barginning agreement and it is different than the mens team's. I doubt they will prevail in court, but they will probably reach a settlement

Chris0nllyn

In being asses, they lost support and viewership, mostly from the US side, some I suspect from the other countries as well. They do not have the draw, nor appeal, that the men's soccer teams have.

Where did you get that info?

U.S. viewership for the Women’s World Cup final was more than 20 percent higher than the men’s World Cup final in 2018, according to Fox Sports, which aired the match.
The women’s team has also continued to generate more revenue than U.S. men’s games, The Wall Street Journal reported.
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/452118-womens-world-cup-draws-more-viewers-than-mens-final

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
If I may ...

Men's soccer appears more, manly. Rougher, tougher, confrontational, aggressive, and at times, downright hostile. Thereby more interesting. Women's soccer? Just a bunch of girls trying to prove something. Not sure what they are tying to prove. But there is a lot of crying and emotional outbursts with womens soccer as well. And, I'm pretty sure that is a turn off for a majority of soccer watchers. Who want to see a bunch of women cry and lay upon a field all emotional after missing a goal, or losing a game, on a game field anyway? Sh-t. We get that everywhere else. Why tune into to watch it?

Soccer and manly shouldn't appear in the same sentence.